Here is an Edge driver that will enable end-users to create virtual devices that run locally on-hub.
- Supports switch, switchLevel, presence, momentary, contact, motion, lock, smoke, alarm, window shade, and thermostat virtual device types
- Includes a switch in each virtual device to control device state (also useful for Alexa triggers)
- Create any number of virtual devices
- Easy and fast to use: No coding or CLI required
- Enables you to create 100% local automations with virtual devices
I’m happy to expand the list of virtual device types supported if the community finds this useful.
Please leave your feedback here!
Use this channel invitation link to load the driver to your hub: SmartThings. Add a little smartness to your things.
Go to your mobile app and do an Add device / Scan nearby
This will fire up the driver and a device will be added called vEdge Creator
Go into the device details screen for vEdge Creator and select Settings via the 3- vertical-dot menu icon in the upper right corner of the display.
Enter the total number of virtual devices desired for each type.
Note that the number you input here is the total number of devices for that type that you want. So if it is currently a 0 and you want 2 devices, enter 2; if it’s currently 2 (you had created 2 previously) and you want 2 more, enter 4, etc.
Note that this value currently has a max of 50 for each type, but this can be increased if needed!
If you have any problems, it would be helpful to get a log output, but for that you will need the CLI:
smartthings edge:drivers:installed smartthings edge:drivers:logcat <driverID> --hub-address=<hub ip addr>