Integrating Swann Security Motion Sensors (DVR) through IFTTT

After trying many time previously to get my swann security motion sensors inside smartthings - i think there is now a viable way as it appears swann security is now supported on IFTTT.

Caveats: it’s not going to be lightning fast, but it does appear to work.

1. Download the swann security app (not homesafe if you usually use that , but nothing stopping you having both). Make sure your DVR is added to the swann security app, and remember your username and password for your account - ensure motion alerts and push notifications are turned on in your DVR - test this by walking in front of a camera, you should now get a push notification on the swann security app

2. Follow the guide in this post to create 4 (or however many camera you have) of the brilliant virtual motion sensors created by @TAustin , change the settings on each of your new motion sensors to auto return to inactive - i also set the timeout to be 10s ([ST Edge] vEdge Creator: a virtual device generator for end users)

3. Head over to ifttt, connect up smartthings and swann security, write an applet for each camera channel that will turn on the switch within the motion sensor

And you are now done

Edit: it should work for the following, as this is what the swann security app supports

For NVR-8780*, NVW-800*, SWIFI-XTRCAM, SWIFI-BUDDY, SWIFI-MOTION, SWIFI-WDOOR, SWIFI-LEAK, SWIFI-ISIREN, SWIFI-SLMFLCW, SWIFI-ALERTCAM, SWIFI-SPOTCAM, SWIFI-FLOCAM2, SWIFI-PTCAM2,SWIFI-TRACKCAM, SWIFI-CAM, DVR-4480V*, DVR-4580V*, DVR-4680*, DVR-4780V*, DVR4-4980V*, DVR8-4980*, DVR16-4980*, DVR-5580*, DVR-5680* & NVR-8580* Series DVRs, NVRs & Cameras

3 Likes