Start Hoover after I’ve been away for 30 minutes?

So I want my Hoover to come on but only if I’m in away mode and only after 30mins of still being in away mode.
Sounds simple but can’t think of how to do it

Cheers.

Think you can use a virtual switch (see @TAustin thread). Have a routine that turns virtual switch on when away, off if switches to something else. Then separate routine if virtual switch on for 30 min turn on hoover and off virtual switch.

2 Likes

How are you tracking your presence? If with your phone, then it can be as simple as:

If “Member”
Away from Home
then
Turn on Hoover delay 30 mins

I’m using Alexa to track presence because ST App has been terribly unreliable. Created virtual presence sensors using vEdge Creator from @TAustin with the setting for Contact sensor set to on. In Alexa I have two routines; one for when I leave and one for when I arrive that turn on or turn off the contact sensor respectively. Then in ST:

If “My Presence” is Not Present
then
Turn on Hoover delay 30 mins

If you leave for 5min and then come back, won’t this still run the vacuum? I think even if there’s another routine that stops the vacuum when you return, the vacuum would start later. I think you would want “member, away from home, stays this status for 30 minutes, then turn on Hoover”.

2 Likes

Yeah the delay doesn’t work because I could be back within that half hour and that will still run. I don’t want that to happen.

Yeah mate it does. :+1:

Then try:

If “Member”
Away from Home
After being away for 30 mins
then
Turn on Hoover

2 Likes

1 Like