Introducing Chimes and Notifications for Doorbells and Sensors, get notified!
If you’ve ever wanted know when a door/window is opened, someone tampers with your things, when someone leaves/arrives, when things are turned on/off, this app can ring a Chime, alert you by sending SMS’s, push notifications and even speak custom messages over your Alexa, Sonos and compatible devices.
See below for a detailed list of features
Key Features (independently for each rule):
- Create upto 500 rules to monitor sensors and send notifications
- Supports monitoring the following types of sensors
- Buttons (with button selection when available)
- Presence (arrive/leave)
- Switches (on/off)
- Locks (locked, unlocked, jammed)
- Supports the following types of notifications
- SMS (multiple)
- Push notifications
- Speaking (Alexa, Sonos etc)
- Set volume for spoken messages
- Create a custom messages for each rule
- Use variables in custom messages to identify devices names, rule names, status etc (see app for details)
- Set repeat notifications reminder (minutes)
- Option to check triggered sensors and notify on mode change
- Force trigger a recheck for all rules (tap arrow icon next to SmartApp name in the Classic app)
- Support operating restrictions for each rule
- Define operating modes
- Define up to 3 daily/weekly schedules with start/end times
and lots more. See our website for details.
- ZigBee keypads can be used as Chime/Tone device
- Most ZigBee keypads also support reporting Button triggers
- For speaking, the device must support Text to Speech. E.g. To use Alexa to speak your messages you will need the Echo Speaks integration or you can use a device like Sonos
You can find step by step installation instructions here
If you have any requests or suggestions feel free to send them to us.
This app is available on the RBoy Apps Server
Visit our website for more details and to get access to all our apps.
Visit our Facebook page for updates on new apps: http://www.facebook.com/RBoySTApps
© RBoy Apps