On request from many users we’ve built a high customizable low battery notification SmartApp with a built in dashboard.
There are some of low battery notifications apps on the community but on request from folks we have custom built this app to include the following features:
- Create an unlimited number of Battery Monitoring Rules/Groups on the fly (and delete them as well)
- Each group/rule has it’s own battery threshold and list of device to monitor
- Create custom names for each rule (optional)
- Dashboard showing status of device battery and highlighting those devices who’s batteries are below the configured threshold
- Set what time of the day and day of week you want the app to check the device battery levels and send notifications
- Multiple notification options
- Send SMS/Text messages to multiple phone numbers
- Silent logging
- Spoken notifications (Sonos, Bose or Alexa)
- Automatic push notification if there is an updated version of the SmartApp available
You can find step by step installation instructions here
If you have any additional feature requests please send it in.
Top votes for battery brands
- See how the battery stability (voltage) varies by load and temperature, lithium batteries have the best stability:
- Lithium batteries come in voltages from 1.5v to 3.7v, check the correct voltage before using
- Not all devices are tuned to handle the voltage curves of rechargeable (NiMH) and lithium batteries, adjust your thresholds accordingly (e.g. devices with alkaline batteries expect a gradual voltage drop off where as lithium batteries voltage drops very quickly at the end). Conversely NiMH batteries drop off very quickly at the beginning which may cause some devices to shut off or report lower battery levels
This app is available on the RBoy Apps server (along with all the premium and free apps)
Please visit our website for instructions on how to get access to all the apps.
Subscribe to our Facebook page to get updates on all of our apps. http://www.facebook.com/RBoySTApps
If you like the Apps consider supporting our development efforts.
© RBoy Apps