RBoy Apps is now an official partner of Monoprice.
This Device Handler is for the Monoprice Plug In Power Monitor (15903).
This Plug In Power Monitor can be operated remotely or directly, using the Switch on the device. It plugs into a standard NEMA 5-15 power outlet and includes both a Z-Wave controlled outlet and standard, unswitched outlet. It is designed so that when it is plugged into a standard two-plug wall outlet, it will not block the other power socket. In addition to controlled switching, it monitors energy consumption and can report consumption values in several common energy scales. As an AC powered Z-Wave device, this Plugin will act as a Z-Wave repeater (supporting FLiRS).
This device handler supports the Z-Wave and Z-Wave Plus devices. Support has also been added for v1 and v2 hub fingerprinting for easy identification. Ideally install the Device Handler BEFORE pairing the device for easy setup.
The Plug In Power Monitor can be bought directly from Monoprice here for about $31 - $34
We’ve worked with Monoprice create a special deal just for the SmartThings community:
15% of all Monoprice products with RBoy Apps Device Handlers
- Click here to visit the Monoprice website
- Use the code
- Monoprice offers FREE standard shipping in the US.
Enjoy, this code expires Dec 31. This is a stacked promotion code, i.e. it can be used in addition to with other discounts/deals from Monoprice
This device handler supports the following features:
- Reading the following sensors
- Switch on/off
- Voltage (V)
- Amerage (A)
- Power Consumption (W)
- Energy Consumption (KWh and KVAh) (tap on tiles to reset)
- Power Factor (pf)
- Designed UI using the latest ST multiTiles with a clean view
- Ability to configure the following parameters:
- Reporting thresholds
- Support for v1 and v2 hub fingerprinting for easy identification
- Ability to request a manual update for the sensors and configuration
- Easy to use configuration page with detailed explanations for all the parameters
Ideally install the Device Handler BEFORE pairing the device for easy setup.
More features to added, if you have any suggestions or ideas please feel free to ask and we’ll try to add it.
- The color of the LED depends upon how much power is being drawn by the connected appliance:
- Green -> 0A to 5A
- Orange -> 5A to 10A
- Red -> 10A to 15A
INCLUSION INSTRUCTIONS: It is recommended to install the Device Handler BEFORE paring the device for easier setup.
- Bring device within 5 of hub
- To pair the device, Select Add New Device from the MarketPlace on your ST phone app
- Plug in the device into the wall socket, the light should be flashing red/green
- If the light is solid then you need to exclude it first (see below)
- Press the power switch atleast 3 times within 2 seconds, this should start the pairing process
- It should complete pairing within 30 seconds
NOTE: It is usually a good idea to do a Z-Wave repair after pairing a new device
EXCLUSION INSTRUCTIONS: If you deleted the device without excluding it won’t pair up again until you exclude it.
- Set the hub into exclude mode (log into the IDE -> My Hub -> View Utilities -> Z-Wave Exclude.
- Bring device within 5 ft of hub
- Put hub into exclusion mode
- Press the power button for 1 second and leave it. Alternatively press the power button slowly 5 times in 5 seconds
- When the exclusion is successful the light start flashing
FACTORY RESET: Plug in the device and press and hold the switch for 5 seconds.