RBoy Apps is now a SmartThings partner for Centralite
This Device Handler is for the ZigBee Centralite Night Light Repeater
The 3420-G Night Light Repeater is a ZigBee mains powered repeater with a dimmable light and battery backup from Centralite.
- Runs on a A/C mains with a built in 24 hour Lithium battery (the battery need to be connected while installing)
- Acts as a ZigBee repeater, even when running on battery
- Has a dimmable LED night light that can be controlled via this DTH (on/off and set brightness)
- Has a multi colored LED (fixed or rotating up to 1 million colors) set using the multi-button
- Provides emergency ZigBee repeating and signal lighting in the event of a power outage
- The rate of dimming can be adjusted through the device preferences from 1 to 10 seconds
- Works with the new and Classic ST mobile app
The Night Light Repeater is available at
- The lithium battery need to be attached at first install for battery backup to work
- To change the rate of dimming, use the device preferences page (click on the gear icon in the Classic ST app on the device page). Rate of dimming does not impact the on/off, just the brightness controls
- To change the color on the LED, pres and hold the LED button the device
- To set it to continuous color changing mode, tap the LED button twice on the device (tap once to cancel)
- When the mains power goes off, it will flash red twice and automatically switches to battery mode and the LED comes on (emergency mode). When the power is restored the LED goes off (unless it was turned on manually)
- If the device loses communication with the hub, turn it off and then on and it should rejoin the hub. You may need to enable rejoin for your hub from your IDE -> My Hubs -> View Utilities -> Allow Unsecure Rejoin under ZigBee Utilities for this to work
- ZigBee devices are susceptible to interference from WiFi devices, so keep it atleast 5ft from nearest WiFi devices/routers
INCLUSION INSTRUCTIONS: It is recommended to install the Device Handler BEFORE paring the device for easier setup.
- If you are unsure about the device state factory reset the device first otherwise it won’t pair (see below)
- To pair the device, Select
Add New Deviceon your ST phone app
- Plug the device into the wall socket
- The lights should start flashing once pairing starts and even after pairing ends
- It should complete pairing within 30 seconds
FACTORY RESET INSTRUCTIONS:
- Press the LED button on the device while plugging it into the A/C wall socket
- The device works best when it’s within about 30ft of a repeater or hub and has a repeating range of about 30ft - 100ft (depending on objects/positions/signal reflections)
- After initial pairing if you move the device to a different location it can take time for the zigbee mesh to update it’s location during which time it may not be able to communicate with the hub
More features to added, if you have any suggestions or ideas please feel free to ask and we’ll try to add it.
This device type handler is available on the RBoy Apps Server, http://www.rboyapps.com. Refer to our website or facebook page below to get access to the server.
Visit our Facebook page for updates on new apps and to get Access to ALL our Premium Apps and Server. http://www.facebook.com/RBoySTApps
© RBoy Apps