There’s a new app!
Please go to this thread for the new Lock Manager App, which is in active development.
This app is no longer being maintained. Support and bug fixes are no longer being provided.
Welcome to Lock Manager!
Now with custom device type!
- Use the attached device type zwave-lock.groovy for added functionality.
- Minimal changes to SmartThings code.
- More reliable code set/delete.
- Codes will be reconciled on each poll() event.
- App will function without custom device type, but not as well.
- Assign Codes to Multiple Users.
- Manage Multiple Locks.
- See what codes are active.
- See how many times a code is used (reset usage manually)
- Be notified when a user uses their code.
- Delete codes after they are used*.
- Optionally Schedule Users so that they only have access during certain times, modes, days of the week, or a calendar range.
- Decide which notifications to receive in the event that the locks are too chatty.
- When a code is entered, perform Hello Home Actions.
* Code is burned when a user enters it at any selected lock. Code will not become active again until code usage for that user is reset.
How to use:
How to…Install App
- Go to Apps in IDE
- Click “New App +”
- Click “From Code”
- Copy from github
- Paste into textarea on SmartThings
- Click Publish > For Me
How to…Add Device Handler:
- Navigate to: https://graph.api.smartthings.com/ide/devices
- Click ‘New SmartDevice’ in the upper right.
- Click ‘From Code’
- Paste the code from the link (github) above into the text area:
- Click ‘Create’
- Click ‘Save’
- Click ‘Publish’ > ‘For Me’
Change lock device handler to new code:
- Navigate to ‘My Devices’: https://graph.api.smartthings.com/device/list
- Locate your lock and click on the name in the first column
- Click ‘Edit’ on the bottom of the page view
- In the ‘Type’ drop-down scroll to the bottom and select ‘Z-Wave Lock Reporting’ or ’Z-Wave Schlage Touchscreen Lock’
- Click ‘Update’ to save changes
Then continued on your smart device…
- Tap Marketplace
- Tap SmartApps
- Scroll down to ‘My Apps’ / Tap
- Tap User Lock Manager
- Fill out app options.
Please use only the included device type or the default device type provided by SmartThings, or the schelage device type created by @garyd9 here:
- Kwikset 910, 914
- Yale Security YRL-220-ZW-619
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
It is possible that a user code deletion could fail. Do not give door codes to people that you don’t want access to your home or office, and watch notifications carefully.
If this made your life easier, please consider donating. Donation links are in the readme on github.