Bug in Windows app's handing of href parameters for dynamic pages?

Okay, this is specific to the Windows version of the app. Yes, I know, I know: There are dozens of us! Literally dozens! I work as a documentation engineer at Microsoft, and I will cling to my Windows 10 Mobile until the bitter end!

So, using @ethayer 's excellent Lock Code Manager, it works fine on my Android tablet, but whenever I use it on my Windows phone, and I navigate to any of the users in my user list, it always displays the information for the last user in the list, regardless of which one I touched.

@ethayer is doing everything right, as far as I can tell. You can see on line 79 where he is passing a map with a single property, number, in the href. However, when we get to the next page, that parameter never made it. You can see on line 95 that he uses that number to look up the details of the user we should display on this dynamic page. So I added this before line 95:

log.debug "User page got: ${params}"

And in the log, I got:

‎6‎:‎33‎:‎33‎ ‎PM: debug User page got: [id:9478ece8-7ef5-4ac3-b02c-7aab84b842db, name:userPage, locationId:66c18f4a-116d-45cd-b79d-28d7ef7572d9, params:null]

That’s obviously not what one would expect there.

I’ve tried naming it something else (I thought params might be some kind of reserved keyword), defining the parameter map as its own object (variable? Not clear on the Groovy terminology, I’m a C# guy) and passing that in instead of defining it inline, and a few other things. The behavior is always the same. The parameters being passed from the href to the dynamic page don’t make it through.

Any ideas what’s going on here? Any other suggestions?

I also suspect something similar is causing issues with CoRE, as it doesn’t work and throws lots of exceptions on my Windows device, as well, though it works fine on Android. Haven’t started debugging that one yet.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

This has been a problem for a long time - I first reported this one on 8/3/15. Support recognized that this was a problem and said they would get it fixed. Unfortunately, that still hasn’t happened yet… Only solution for now is to edit Lock Code Manager on an Android tablet (we have an Amazon Fire that we use as a dashboard running SmartTiles, so that works well enough for us for now.
And I’m right with you on clinging to Windows 10 Mobile - my wife and I are both longtime users, and are more than happy with it. On the positive side, here’s to hoping there isn’t a ‘bitter end’ coming, but instead continued enterprise growth and a future Surface Phone!

3 Likes

Wait… There’s a Windows 10 mobile app? Well, where the heck is the Windows 10 (not mobile) app.
Sure would make testing / configuring easier. When I get home at night and decide to tinker, my phone is almost dead, so being able to tinker from my plugged in Windows 10 computer would be sweet.

3 Likes

It’s technically a Windows Phone 8.1 app, so it’ll run on Windows 10 Mobile, but not Windows 10. I too would flip if they’d update the app for UWP.

4 Likes