Kwikset SmartCode 916 Touchscreen

Is anyone using the Kwikset SmartCode 916 Touchscreen with ST?
I just ordered 1 and I want to make sure there are no issues with ST.

Thanks

doing a quick search, I see many topics regarding this lock.

Yes, works like a charm to pair, lock and unlock, except when ST Cloud and other glitches are random. I use @ethayer’s User Lock Code Manager SmartThings App and custom device which you will need to load in the IDE.

Adding his application allows one to program many more features, like :

• More reliable code set/delete.

• Codes will be reconciled on each poll() event.

• App will function without custom device type, but not as well.

• Features:

• Assign Codes to Multiple Users.

• Manage Multiple Locks.

• See what codes are active.

• See how many times a code is used (reset usage manually)

• Be notified when a user uses their code.

• Delete codes after they are used*.

• Optionally Schedule Users so that they only have access during certain times, modes, days of the week, or a calendar range.

• Decide which notifications to receive in the event that the locks are too chatty.

• When a code is entered, perform Hello Home Actions.

• Code is burned when a user enters it at any selected lock. Code will not become active again until code usage for that user is reset.

1 Like

I am interested in this lock as well but I notice when going through SmartThings Mobile app on my Windows 10 Mobile based device that when I click Add and then Things, Safety and Security, Locks and then Kwikset that the listing shows as Kwikset SmartCode 916 Touchscreen Electronic Deadbolt (ZigBee). It does not mention the Z-Wave version though which is widely available. I think after scouring eBay long enough I managed to come across maybe 2 listings for the ZigBee based 916 so I want to verify if the Z-Wave version is indeed supported before I make a purchase.

I got my 916 fully working with third party apps.

1 Like

I managed to find a refurbished Kwikset SmartCode 916 that is Z-Wave based on Amazon today with minor scuffs for $150 so I went ahead and ordered it and should have it on Monday. Will see how it goes from there.

1 Like

I meant to provide an update on this sooner but here it goes anyhow. I was indeed successful at getting the Z-Wave version of the Kwikset Smartcode 916 working with SmartThings. Also after some trial and error I was able to get the custom device handler for Z-Wave Lock Reporting working with the User Lock Manager app from ethayer so I am happy with the results. Now I am tempted to buy another smart deadbolt for the other entrance to my home. Hmm…

1 Like