The Google - SmartThings integration has recently been updated.
None of these changes will affect your current setup until you reconnect to the SmartThings action via Google Home app.
- Faster execution of commands
- All locations, scenes and devices will be synced (excluding scenes with sensitive devices like locks)
- If you have one location then your devices will automatically be organized the same way in Google as your room structure in SmartThings the first time you link (unless you reconnect and previously organized them then that will be preserved)
- Blinds, Samsung Washer, Samsung Dryer, Samsung Dishwasher, Samsung AC, Samsung Oven, Samsung Soundbars and Samsung Robot Vacuum are now supported (not all versions of these devices)
- Old integration could only sync around 100-150 devices but new one has a limit of 300
- Classic SmartThings routines are no longer supported
- Logitech harmony activities are now represented as stateful scenes instead of switches.
- Child devices are currently not supported
- No longer using the Google Groovy smartapp, hence it will not be visible in SmartThings classic app. In the new SmartThings app you can see that it is installed via Menu/Settings/Connected Services under the headline All locations
Easiest way to switch to the new integration is to click the SmartThings action in Google Home app and select “Reconnect”