User Unlock/Lock Door Notifications and Actions
This is a Lock Manager for locks which cannot be programmed through SmartThings but can report events through Z-Wave/ZigBee to SmartThings. It provides functionality of managing actions and notifications when users unlock door and lock doors but with using the existing codes programmed into the lock. (i.e. no lock programming).
However, while this app replicates all the functionality of the Lock User Management (LUM) app, related to taking actions and notifications for users, it does not program the lock codes but rather uses the locks existing programmed users.
This is great for folks who don’t want to expose their user codes through the ST platform, don’t want/change the codes often, cannot program codes remotely (e.g. RFID cards, FOB’s, August Lock Pro, Yale L1, IDLock etc) and would like to program the codes externally and then use this app to take actions when users unlock the door using those manually programmed codes.
Compatible with the stock SmartThing Z-Wave and ZigBee device handlers and Keypad Locks
Key features of the SmartApp:
- Monitor unlimited users and locks
- Works with the built in SmartThings device handler
- Easy and intuitive setup
- Support for different types of locks (keypad, bluetooth, RFID, etc)
Define custom individual Unlock AND Lock actions for users such as:
- Exit delay actions (wait for X minutes before running actions)
- Separate actions for Keypad and Manual locking/unlocking and per door actions
- Create custom actions for security Keypad away/stay/night buttons
- Turning on lights if it’s dark outside
- Unlocking/locking secondary locks
- Opening/closing garage doors
- Notifications on type of lock/unlock (manual, code, keypad, bluetooth, rfid etc)
- Running routines
- Changing modes
- Arming/Disarming SHM/ADT
- Turning on/off switches
- Custom notifications settings (who and how many)
- Define rules when to run and not run actions
Define Door Open/Close actions such as
- Automatically relocking the door when it’s closed
- Automatically unlocking the deadbolt if it’s extended, while door is open
- Ringing chimes when door is opened
- Notifications if door is left open
- Define actions for each door separately
- and lots more…
If you have any suggestions or feature requests feel free to ask
While this works with the stock ST Z-Wave Device Handlers for locks, for maximum compatibility and use of certain features like Jammed notifications and External Keypad lock it is recommended to use the Universal Enhanced Z-Wave device handler.