Introducing the Lock Manager API!
Control your locks and users remotely using RESTful API’s. Integrate them with your custom PMS or other scheduling systems
Lock Manager API is built on our very stable and extremely popular Lock code/user management SmartApp, we bring you the ultimate tool to integrate and remotely control your SmartThings locks and users.
It can generate ready to use code snippets in a variety of languages that you can use in your custom apps or scripts. You can even run tests directly with your installed SmartThings app through the site (select Production server)
- Manual and API based configuration/control
- API’s to manage users by names or slots
- API’s to manage locks (lock, unlock, custom commands)
- Works with Z-Wave and ZigBee Locks and Keypads
- Sure-Programming engine: verifies that programming was successful
- Unlimited locks and users (users are limited by max slots on lock)
- Easy and intuitive setup
- Support for different types of locks (keypad, bluetooth, RFID, etc)
- Create multiple types of user codes:
- Future expiration with start/end date and time
- Recurring scheduled with multiple schedules per user (weekly, daily etc)
- One time / Use and burn
- Presence based activation (when people arrive or leave)
- Mode based activation (codes active only in specific modes like Away, Home, Night etc)
- Program multiple locks simultaneously to keep them in sync or select locks for individual users
- Control locks remotely by sending commands
- Basic commands like lock, unlock
- Custom commands if supported by device handler (keypad, audio, autolock, one touch etc)
- Color coded users to indicate programming response from lock
- Blue -> Confirmed/active
- Yellow -> Pending
- Red -> Failed
- Grey -> Inactive/disabled
- Define custom individual Unlock and Lock actions for users
- Exit delay actions (wait for X minutes before running actions)
- Separate actions for Keypad and Manual locking/unlocking and per door actions
- Turning on lights if it’s dark outside
- Unlocking/locking secondary locks
- Opening/closing garage doors
- Notifications on type of lock/unlock (manual, code, keypad, bluetooth, rfid etc)
- Running routines
- Changing modes
- Arming/Disarming SHM/ADT (including direct control through keypads)
- Turning on/off switches
- Custom notifications settings (who and how many)
- Define rules when to run and not run actions
- Define Door Open/Close actions
- Automatically relocking the door when it’s closed
- Automatically unlocking the deadbolt if it’s extended, while door is open
- Ringing chimes when door is opened
- Notifications if door is left open
- Define actions for each door separately
- Lots of built in safety mechanisms to ensure users have a reliable experience
- Compatibility with SmartLocks
and lots more…see website and documentation for complete list of features.
Optionally you can use the Enhanced Universal Z-Wave Lock or the Universal ZigBee Lock device handler for a more customized experience.
If you’re using a ZigBee keypad like the IRIS, Xfinity or Centralite you will need to use the Enhanced Keypad Lock device handler.
If you have any suggestions or feature requests please feel free to send them in to us.
Check out our other Property Management SmartApps such the Rental Lock Automater, Temperature and Humidity Management, Ultimate Mode based Thermostat, 5-2 Day Thermostat, Motion based Thermostats, Intruder Alert and Alarm Security and Safety/Backup apps. You can browse through the complete list of apps on our website or on the smartthings forum.