Android submitOnChange Broken for too long

Continuing the discussion from Android 2.0.8 - Release Notes - 1/26/2016:

You can say that again! And louder, please…With newly introduced bug that sends you on top of the page after you click “done”, it makes it a whole lot more annoying that submitOnChange is broken. After you click “done” the first time, then you have to scroll back to the section you were trying to update, find it, go in and click “done” again to refresh! Totally counterproductive…

Let’s help @slagle and @jody.albritton to track this. What is your ticket number for this issue…@bravenel, @Mike_Maxwell, @RBoy, others?

Mine is: #184729

5 Likes

Mine is Request #154431 open since November 06, 2015

2 Likes

Yup, around the same time Tim confirmed the bug. I thought I had opened a ticket on November 11th, but I cannot find it…So I opened a fresh one…

174456, 2015-12-30…

Ticket: 174340
Date: 12/30/2015

Linking up another thread:

And I’ll repeat again for ST’s benefit

I feel like a guinea pig - for heavens sake please go out and hire a good IT firm to do regression testing before making a new release. There are some awesome ones who will guarantee 0 regression defects in production, if you need references please ask

1 Like

Requesting support from @slage and @jody.albritton to get this one fixed please. It’s rending most dynamic apps useless…

It is being addressed in the next sprint. Engineering is aware and able to reproduce the issue. Given that it also impacts SmartThing’s own SmartApps, it will definitely get attention.

2 Likes

This is still broken. What happened? I think this also contributes new user tickets and hung installs and deinstall of apps.

2 Likes

again? they had fixed this in an earlier release. What version are you using?

The newest. It works better than it used to, but it is very slow and many times doesn’t recognize the entry. I notice it in CoRE the most.

1 Like

I have a test setup on v2.1.5, it working but like you said on a few pages it’s a little slow. However CoRE is more complex than my apps.

I did however find a weird bug which I haven’t reported, if I use more than 10 temporary variables in the dynamic input pages, it stops processing them.