[EDGE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock Driver for Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, IDLock, Popp, Danalock, August Pro, Keywe, Philia, Samsung

I’ve been using the YRD210-ZW (yale push botton lock) for about 2 months now, and I’m currently using Rboy’s device handler and apps, which are great.

A feature request is to hide tiles for features that aren’t supported. I don’t need a tile showing me that the alarm is unsupported.

1 Like

I recommended you ask SmartThings support for this. There’s currently no way to have tiles show/hide programmatically, so it would require separate device handlers for each set of tile visibility, with lots of duplicate code, and much more work to maintain.

1 Like

hey,
im also going to buy this lock this month if i can get it to work with ST.
as far as i know its only compatible with futurehome and vera?

did you try it yet?

It works with the standard DTH. But @RBoy is also working on implementing ID Lock to this handler with additional functionality

2 Likes

###Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock and Schlage Lock, Yale Lock, Kwikset Lock and IDLock Device Handler - Version 3.0.0

• Added support for RFID card locks (e.g. IDLock 101, Yale firmware doesn’t current support reporting RFID over Z-Wave but future ready support provided)
  • Added support for IDLock models
  • Added additional support for 50+ models of Schlage, Yale and Kwikset across USA, UK and Europe

Note: IDLock currently has a firmware bug because of which it doesn’t report the correct configuration back to the hub, once IDLock fixes that it will start working properly.

Thanks @cscheiene for your support with the testing.

1 Like

###Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock and Schlage Lock, Yale Lock, Kwikset Lock and IDLock Device Handler - Version 3.0.1

• Improved compatibility with setting and reading configuration for some locks
  • All functionality for IDLocks working now
2 Likes

Forgive me of there’s an obvious answer to this. If there is I can’t find it!

I have a Yale Keyfree Lock

If I lock/unlock the door manually or using ST I have to refresh the app for it to update status. Is that expected?

Thanks

Ignore that, I’ve just done a z-wave repair and it’s sorted it.

1 Like

###Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock and Schlage Lock, Yale Lock, Kwikset Lock and IDLock Device Handler - Version 3.0.1

• < no change >

###Schlage Lock Alarm Mode and Sensitivity Change and Monitor - Version 1.1.1

• Workaround for ST bug with contact address book for notifications

###Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock and Schlage Lock, Yale Lock, Kwikset Lock and IDLock Device Handler - Version 3.0.2

• Unsupported features for locks now show up as blank tiles to avoid confusion

• < no change >

Since ST doesn’t allow dynamically adding, removing or re-positioning tiles, to make it easier for users, unsupported features for locks show up as blank tiles. When installing a new lock make sure you press the refresh button a few times to query the locks on it’s available features. As the locks start to respond/confirm feature availability the tiles will start showing up.

1 Like

So here’s little summary of a comparison the Locks and features. Note that specific features depend on the models of the locks (e.g. Yale YRD 240 vs Keyfree or Schlage BE469 vs FE599 etc), this is just a quick reference for Z-Wave locks from these manufacturers not specific to any region but on an overall perspective based on available features across models:

3 Likes

###Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock and Schlage Lock, Yale Lock, Kwikset Lock and IDLock Device Handler - Version 3.0.3

• Added a battery icon to make the UI look cleaner

• < no change >

Hi, tonight I updated both

1. Lock Multi User Management with Unlock Notifications, Advanced Scheduling and Automatic Lock/Unlock
    and

2. User Unlock/Lock Door Notifications and Actions
    apps to the latest versions and carefully followed the instructions on your web site.
    One thing I noticed is that when I get notifications when User Slot 1 or User Slot 2 enters in the proper code to either lock or unlock my Schlage lock, both the alerts and text messages no longer tell the user that either unloocked or locked the door It just says “Front Door z-Wave Lock was locked electronically” Prior to these upgrades it used to say “Front Door Z-Way Lock was locked by James” since I have James defined as the user in user slot 2. I have James defined both of these apps.

Do you have any idea on how I can get the notifications and SMS messages (I enabled that) to indicate which user locked or unlocked the door? I triple checked my smart app config and don’t see what is missing. I wonder if this feature got dropped somehow???

This thread for the DH. I think you’re referring to the smart app.
Did you update your device handler also along with the apps. That’s
probably the likely reason you aren’t seeing it.

Any way to automatically be able to update the app if you have full access?

@RBoy Can you point me to a summary of your business model/how we purchase/how we upgrade? I see you making what seem to be pretty amazing software for ST and just want to understand you and the model a bit more. I’m sure you have a link or something somewhere :).

Thx.

1 Like

Unfortunately there is no automated way offered by ST yet for DEV app stores.
You can find all the details at www.rboyapps.com

###Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock and Schlage Lock, Yale Lock, Kwikset Lock and IDLock Device Handler - Version 3.0.4

• Added support for enabling/disabling beeper (audio) for Schlage FE599 and BE369 locks

• < no change >

@RBoy I just paid you to get the Z-Wave smartapp. Please send me information ASAP.

Also - I noticed that the company name on Paypal is MCEBuddy…I used that in the golden days of Media Center! Before Vista changed their container to be DRM capable, your DVR-MS commercial stripper was FANTASTIC!!!

1 Like

code MSR 003B-6341-5044.

I hope I found the solution to this code…

I restarted my Hub by removing a battery and unplug for 10 seconds. I think it worked…

This time around I did not do anythings else.