Introducing the Rental Lock Automater! (RLA)
Let SmartThings manage multiple AirBnB, HomeAway and VRBO properties to automatically schedule, notify and welcome your renters.
RLA is built on our very stable and extremely popular lock/user management SmartApp, we bring you the ultimate tool to automate your rental properties with SmartThings.
AirBnB, VRBO and Homeaway automatic user programming:
- Select the number of properties in the
Manage propertypage, enter your AirBnB, VRBO and Homeaway iCalendar URL’s for each property/unit
- Select the locks for each unit (you can share locks between units, e.g. common entrance), confirm the automatic scheduling options (check in/out times, activation ahead of time etc) and you’re done!
- The app will consolidate all your reservations, schedule your users and even SMS them their lock codes for you.
- It’ll automatically synchronize your users with any changes to your reservation calendars. Enjoy!!
- Works with Z-Wave and ZigBee Locks and Keypads
AirBnB, VRBO, HomeAway calendar integration
- Configure up to 8 units/properties with individual calendars
- Share locks among properties (e.g. common entrance)
Automatic scheduling/management of rental users
- Create codes using phone numbers, dates etc
- Send SMS to renters with codes/dates
- Customize scheduling options (checkin/checkout time, activate ahead of time, etc)
- Extend/advance check in/out dates/times for individual users
- Notify on new/updated user schedules
- Sure-Programming engine: verifies that programming was successful
- Unlimited locks
- Easy and intuitive setup
- Support for different types of locks (keypad, bluetooth, RFID, etc)
- Create multiple types of manual user codes:
- Future expiration with start/end date and time
- Recurring scheduled with multiple schedules per user (weekly, daily etc)
- One time / Use and burn
- Presence based activation (when people arrive or leave)
- Mode based activation (codes active only in specific modes like Away, Home, Night etc)
- Program multiple locks simultaneously to keep them in sync or select locks for individual users
Define custom individual Unlock and Lock actions for users such as:
- Exit delay actions (wait for X minutes before running actions)
- Separate actions for Keypad and Manual locking/unlocking and per door actions
- Turning on lights if it’s dark outside
- Unlocking/locking secondary locks
- Opening/closing garage doors
- Notifications on type of lock/unlock (manual, code, keypad, bluetooth, rfid etc)
- Running routines
- Changing modes
- Arming/Disarming SHM (including direct control through keypads)
- Turning on/off switches
- Custom notifications settings (who and how many)
- Define rules when to run and not run actions
Define Door Open/Close actions such as
- Automatically relocking the door when it’s closed
- Automatically unlocking the deadbolt if it’s extended, while door is open
- Ringing chimes when door is opened
- Notifications if door is left open
- Define actions for each door separately
- Lots of built in safety mechanisms to ensure users have a reliable experience
- Compatibility with SmartLocks
and lots more…see website for complete list of features.
Optionally you can use the Enhanced Universal Z-Wave Lock or the Universal ZigBee Lock device handler for a more customized experience.
If you’re using a ZigBee keypad like the IRIS, Xfinity or Centralite you will need to use the Enhanced Keypad Lock device handler.
Additional examples of how for manual user programming:
- I give my landlord an access code for the lock but I want it disabled when I’m at home (presence based users)
- When my children are at home and the parents aren’t home, then allow the babysitter’s code to work (presence based users)
- When we’re away, allow my neighbor’s code to work (mode based users)
- I can schedule a code for my nanny with multiple schedules per day (morning and evening)
- I can program ahead for my vacation rental properties with a start and end date/time for my guests
- When I lock my door from outside I want my house to lock up behind me (close garage doors, lock all other doors, turn off switches, arm the security system etc)
- When I unlocked my outer door I want the inner door to also unlock and the lights to turn on but only at night
- I want my employees to have access only during business hours or on specifics days/modes
Check out our other Rental/Property Management SmartApps such the Temperature and Humidity Management, Ultimate Mode based Thermostat, 5-2 Day Thermostat, Motion based Thermostats, Intruder Alert and Alarm Security and Safety/Backup apps. You can browse through the complete list of apps on our website or on the smartthings forum.