Visit project’s home page to download SmartApp and view installation instructions.
What is it?
- ActiON Dashboard is a fast and light web client for SmartThings. It is designed to run in any modern browser, regardless of operating system or screen size.
- ActiON Dashboard SmartApp easily installs in 2 minutes. Create as many instances as you need and pick relevant devices for each dashboard.
- ActiON Dashboard has no dependency on the SmartThings Mobile app or third party services.
What is it for?
- Install as a native app to your smartphone to for a quick, user friendly access to your devices.
- Install on a wall-mounted tablet as a whole-house control panel.
- Create dashboards, as needed, for your family and friends and decide what they are allowed to view and control. Revoke access easily when needs change.
- Holiday Lights (specialty button for a switch/light, currently styled for Christmas and Valentine’s day, theme will be added for upcoming holidays) (new)
- Momentary switches
- Camera (image capture) (new)
- Open/Close sensors
- Presence sensors
- Temperature sensor
- Humidity sensor
- Motion sensor
- Water sensor (leak detector) (new)
- Battery level (new)
- Energy meter (new)
- Power meter (new)
- Smart Weather Station Tile
- Dropcam video streams (Desktop only, requires flash. Other cameras will be supported on demand.) (new)
- Foscam and Blue Iris video streams (new)
- Clock (digital/analog)
- Hello, Home!
- Link tile (useful for linking multiple dashboards together)
- Music Player new
- Rearranging tiles (new)
- Thermostat (soon)
- Hue control (later)
- Access control (new)
If you like this app, please support the developer:
- I recommend creating a new instance of SmartApp rather than just overriding version 3.
- If you encountering errors during installation you either
- Didn’t enable OAuth when you installed the app
- You tried to install via the IDE and you didn’t get to the end of SmartApp preference selection and clicked “Install” rather than “Done”
- Done everything right and some other weird thing crapped out. In this case try to set “Reset OAuth” in app preferences and then go through preference selection once more and then unset this option.
- If it’s something else, let me know
- Added error handling for devices that report numerical values as strings and cause the dashboard to crash. If such a device is used, it’s value will be printed as “n/a”.
- All preference screens where redesigned. Preferences are now organized in a tree structure rather than sequential screens.
- The ActiON Dashboard URL can now be obtained from within the app. You don’t have to go to the logs anymore to retrieve the URL. This makes user experience a thousand times smoother and installation even less technical.
- Security fixes and improvements! OAuth access token invalidation is broken on the ST back end. The latest version of the app accommodates for this bug. Revoking access tokens will now actually work. The process of resetting access token has been streamlined. It is much more user friendly now.
If you are upgrading from version 4.0, just override the code and don’t forget to publish.
Then step through preferences and click “Done”, even if you are not changing anything.
If you are upgrading from version 3, I recommend installing a new SmartApp and configuring a new instance.
I am ending support for “Install app via SmartThings IDE” option. 8/10 emails I get are from people who get errors when they click “Install” button rather than “Next” and “Done”, no one reads the documentation. Also, often times the IDE is doing its own thing and craps out for no reason. While installing via the IDE still works, people will have to figure it out on their own.
- Added support for Foscam and Blue Iris video streams.
- Added support for Music Player (Sonos).
- Added ability to change tile order. This option is accessible at SmartApp preferences. Note: since the app is designed to scale across a range of screen sizes, you get to define only linear order, the tiles will wrap to the next line depending on available space. If you want certain tile to appear on certain row/column for a particular screen size, just count the position considering sizes of other tiles.
- Added preferences for tile and font sizes and disabling drop shadows. Note: if you are using “&t=120” attribute, it still takes precedence over other preferences.
- Fix for battery icon scaling.
- Resetting access token moved to “Preferences” section
- JS resource moved from jsdelvr CDN to Github so that it won’t be blocked by ad blockers.
Added options to disable the dashboard or put it into read only mode. Find this under Preferences > Access and Authentication.
- “Holiday Lights” tiles have been updated with some . Set a romantic lighting, or set it to play a special tune. May you get some !
Pick your lights and then pick the theme in Preferences. I will keep adding themes for the upcoming holidays. So far we have Christmas and Valentine’s.
- Specialty tiles for linking to other dashboards. They have distinct colors and icons and they are optimized to load better in iOS devices (without opening dashboards in another browser window).
- Specialty tiles for lights. They work just like the switch tiles you are used to, but have a distinct icon. You may cut over devices from “switches” category to “lights” if you want to make that distinction.
- Minor UI and SmartApp tweaks and optimization.
Bug fixes and ability to assign lights/switches to different categories.
Check out preferences section of the smart app. You may find useful settings there!
Since the app is designed to scale across a range of screen sizes, you get to define only linear order, the tiles will wrap to the next line depending on available space. If you want certain tile to appear on certain row/column for a particular screen size, just count the position considering sizes of other tiles.
If you think your tiles are too small/big you can try to change app preferences. If you don’t achieve a desired result, add “&t=120” at the end of your dashboard’s URL and play with the value to see what works best for you. If you are using a desktop browser you can also use zoom in/out.
There was a number of feature requests for one switch control a group of switches.
This can be achieved with Big Switch app by ST. You can find it on your mobile app.
Tap (+) > More > Convenience > Scroll to the bottom and find “The Big Switch” app. Then setup the master and slave switches.
If you want to create a virtual (master) switches, go to IDE > My
Devices > New Device. Enter required fields and choose “On/Off Button Tile” in the type selection box. Then you can use it as any other switch and put it on the dashboard.
If you want multiple instances of the dashboard, install SmartApp only once in the IDE. Then, create as many instances as necessary in the ST Mobile App. Each instance has it’s own set of preferences.
If you want to change the style, I added a block of code for your custom CSS overrides. Add your style within
customCSS()method. I will always keep it at the end of the SmartApp code.
To add weather tile, do to IDE > My Devices, add SmartWeather Tile. It will be listed as one of your devices and you could pick it when you configure preferences of ActiON Dashboard.
Version 4.6 has new fields over 4.5, that’s why it’s very important to step though preferences on each dashboard instance. If you are getting a “NullPointerException”, this is why.