The new version is finally here!
Please continue discussion in the new thread.
Thank you all for support!!! I appreciate all your contributions!
Continuing the discussion from Web Dashboard 3.0:
Sorry, this took longer than I hoped, but here it is and it has more than I ever planned to do…
- Hello, Home! actions
- Motion sensors
- Momentary switch
- Analog clock
- Links. Useful to link multiple dashboards.
- UI tweaks (my wife picked the colors)
- Temperature is rounded off to the nearest integer
- I thought it needed a name. “Web Dashboard” is not too creative, although very appropriate for a web dashboard.
Installing the ActiON dashboard
- Open the logs first
- Install app as usual via mobile device.
- Don’t forget to enable Oath in the SmartApp setup!
- Check the logs to see your URL or tap app icon in Mobile App to print the URL to the logs again.
It is possible to install 1 fully functional instance of this app per location in the IDE. If you need a dashboard and you don’t have your mobile device with you, now you have a way to control your home.
You don’t need to install ST mobile app on the device that will be used to run the dashboard. It should work in any modern browser (including IE).
Future plans (in collaboration with @jjhamb )
- Thermostat support
- Rearranging tiles
- Instant updates
- Cache js and css to load even faster!
Code and installation instructions are here
If you would like to make donation, you can use Paypal account alex.smart.things [at] gmail [dot] com.
While I never intended to develop this app for profit, it would help me to buy more hardware without my wife looking at me weird. Any contribution is more than I expected to get for my efforts. I developed the app for myself and I had fun doing it!