[OBSOLETE] Rboy enhanced zigbee keypad DTH

Yup, hardware limited to 4 digits…seems par for the course for keypads. I created a short and long code matched users and restrict the short users to only the devices that require a shorter length in LUM.

I’m sure I’m doing something wrong, but I’m running into two issues after biting the bullet and buying the access to this option.

First of all - while everything installed nicely and I was able to set up our codes for the keypads and how I want them to change modes on the SHM from Away, Stay and Off, those ONLY seem to work on the OLD smartthing app - surely I’m doing something wrong???

Next, I found the setting where the keypad will beep when a sensor is triggered, such as a door to open - but it will only allow me to set it for ONE?? Our house has 4 access doors and with Iris I was able to set that the keypad would beep when ANY of the doors would open…surely this is as powerful if not more, than the old Iris system.

Please help!!

Congrats on getting this far. I am also a previous IRIS user and refuse to bite the bullet to buy a Rob Roy application for as much as what a proper Smarththings device should cost to do the same thing, if Smarththings would listen to their consumers that is.
I have found out though in your problem that what happens in the Classic app does not happen in the new app. My wife is using the classic app because it responds better for her on her phone. But, when she sets the alarm it doesn’t show that the alarm is set in the new app, on my phone. Automation set up in the new app may also not work being that the alarm was turned on in the Classic app. I can’t understand it and I hope someone does. You would think that the app is controlling your Hub settings but that doesn’t seem to be the case. So, when the wife sets the alarm in her classic app she has to be the one that turns it off, I can’t. I would try to only use the new application in setting up your device to work properly.

@Speedy and @Scbart52, I haven’t been following your scenarios, but are you guys aware that SHM in the Classic app is completely different from the new app? In case you’re not, there’s an FAQ on the differences posted in this community somewhere. I’m on my mobile right now, so I can’t easily find and include those links for you right now, but do a search on SHM differences and it should turn up.

Looked for it but can’t seem to find what I think you are referencing so when you get a chance could you send that link? Thanks.

Yes I am aware that there are differences but I didn’t think those would block the keypad for working as it is intended. As it is currently the RBoy app is pretty much worthless as it doesn’t operate the changes as it should nor does it allow “beeps” to be set up for more than one door.

RBoy Apps is now a SmartThings partner for Centralite

Enhanced ZigBee Keypad Lock - Version 01.07.00

• Added support for activating Siren/Alarm in IRIS v2 (3405-L) keypad

After updating the DTH, tap the Refresh tile on the ST Classic app device page to display the new Alarm tile.

The Iris v2 (3405-L) has a built in 60dB siren
The Iris v3 (iL02_1) has a built in 85dB siren

Both keypad siren can be activated when using the Panic button and also independently using the Alarm tile (from the Classic app). The Siren can also be activated through SHM or an app like Intruder Alert with Actions

NOTE: The built in siren feature is separate from the built in beeping feature. The beeping feature can be used as a Chime. The number of rings in a Chime is adjustable and can be defined in the preferences page (gear icon in the ST Classic app). The Chime can be used as door bell or a beeping trigger when a door/window sensor is opened etc. You can create a rule in CoRE or WebCoRE to trigger the chimes/beeping using the Tone capability.

This is compatible with Lock User Management (LUM), Rental Lock Automater (RLA), Lock and Door Synchronizer, SHM Delay 2.0, Smart Locks and other lock/keypad management apps.

Real-time Updates With SmartLocks

TIP: While this device handler is compatible with SmartLocks, if you would like to see real time updates to the dashboard in Smart Locks (locking, unlock etc), change the name of the device handler in metadata section around line 74 from

name: “Enhanced ZigBee Keypad Lock”

to

name: “ZigBee Lock”

Save and Publish → viola, real time updates in SmartLocks

(C) RBoy Apps

1 Like

UPDATE: ST has fixed the platform so all the newer SmartApps like Lock User Management (LUM), Rental Lock Automater (RLA), Lock and Door Synchronizer, SmartLocks, CoRE, WebCoRE etc will continue to work with the existing Enhanced ZigBee Keypad Lock DTH. This update in only required if you’re using SHM Delay, Keypad Coordinator or any legacy apps

Enhanced ZigBee Keypad Lock - Version 01.08.00

• Compatibility update for SHM Delay v2.2.9, Keypad Coordinator etc (legacy SmartApps)

Hello I am having trouble getting the entry and exit delay working via LUM. It seems there is some native functionality which is immediately arming the system and immediately causing an intrusion when the LUM delay is working except it gets overridden by the built in functionality?

For example, if I arm via the keypad, it says waiting 2 minutes to activate, but the SHM is immediately armed. If I manually disarm, LUM does successfully arm after 2 minutes. How can I prevent that initial arming from happening so I can use the delay? Thanks

Seems to be working here as expected. I would check if any other apps are connected to the keypad which may be arming SHM. You can check the Live logs and PM me the results, it’ll show what’s going on. The only other things to check is that you’re in the latest version of LUM

Actually it looks like it was a duplicate version of LUM which was causing the system to arm. I had multiple installed because I was trying to get the single IL021 to chime for all doors. Is there a different way to have it chime for all doors? Or do I need to duplicate the delay settings on each LUM app? I installed everything today so I assume they are latest versions. Thanks!

1 Like

Right now it’s one sensor per lock for chiming.

This is a common request so we are working on a new app just for chiming/doors bells which will support multiple sensors and be a lot more flexible. It will have many more features like audio notifications and lots more than just a simple chime.

Subscribe to our Facebook page and you’ll get a notification once the app is released along with the details.

Ok thanks for the quick responses. One additional question - I’m not seeing an option for an entry delay, am I missing it? Would like to not activate the SHM alert unless it’s not deactivated in 2min for example.

Classic SHM doesn’t support an entry delay. You will need to create a workaround with a virtual setup using SHM Delay or use a Security system app which natively supports Entry and Exit Delays like Intruder Alert With Actions:

1 Like

For using this device as a Chime, this is a more appropriate app than LUM. It’s designed to handler multiple sensors (and chimes) and do a lot many more types of notifications:

I’m not sure if this was brought up in any of the previous posts, but Centralite filed for chapter 7 bankruptcy in March 2019. ( Centralite has filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy - Stacey on IoT | Internet of Things news and analysis ).

I’m in the market for a new Keypad (I have a Iris V2 keypad which gives me a lot of issues) and I have a friend looking to build his system from scratch very soon. What keypad should we get? I feel like I don’t want one from a company that went bust and can no longer support, if needed.

Are the TCH / UEI / Xfinity keypads the only ones left? or did Centralite somehow make them too? Does it even matter?

Thanks for the help!

I don’t think it really matters as they all pretty much work the same way and only support 4-digit codes. The fact that the company isn’t around isn’t much of a factor since you’re not going to get any support from them anyhow. I would just see what you can get the best deal on from eBay or wherever and go with that. I’m using the Iris v3 (iL02_1) and it has been working nicely with the RBoy DTH and LUM. I also like it because it uses regular AA batteries and has a panic button and the keypad layout is easy to figure out. I’ve never used the UEI/Xfinity XHK1 but from some picks I have seen it looks thick.

I wish the 2Gig keypad PAD1 or the touchscreen TS1 would work with ST but they require their own components I believe as does the August keypad (Bluetooth I believe). Another potential option could be to have a wall mounted tablet and use something like ActionTiles but I’m not sure if there is a virtual keypad capability. In the end I just went with the iL02 and thanks to support from RBoy it has been flawless for the last 6 months.

1 Like

I agree that the Xfinity keypad looks bulky. And I wish there were more keypads available to choose from!

The reasons I believed it did matter were the following :

1. I thought that when there were issues with the DTH, centralite worked with the DTH’s coders to fix the issue. (doesn’t RBoy say he is partnered with Centralite?) (ex: Smartthings messed with their internal code and the centralite DTH needed fixing not too
    long ago…)

2. Eventually all of the unopened units out there will be bought and I don’t like using used units. If all other Keypad manufacturers aren’t “open to working with Z-wave/zigbee controllers that aren’t their own”, I kind of feel like this is the end of the DIY
    security system. Why buy into ST (or any other open controller) with the intent of it being your security system when eventually you won’t have components (in this case a keypad) to replace broken/old ones…

Perhaps I’m wrong. You can still buy a CHEAP android tablet and use that as a virtual keypad (con there is it needs to stay plugged in). Also, who is to say another company won’t start making keypads to fill the void…

I can keep my Iris v2 a little longer in hopes another company will release a great keypad… For my friend who is building his system from scratch, I’m going to see if he has a old tablet /cellphone laying around. If not, I’ll tell him the get the Iris v3.

Unless of course there are any other suggestions…

Centralite went bankrupt in March 2019… That’s what got me to come here and comment in the first place since I thought they made most of the keypads out there. So there won’t be anymore new Centralite keypads unless someone bought the name/IP to restart the brand.

I think someone will develop another keypad… It’s a void in the market now.

I purchased some keypads and I can’t figure out how to do what I want.

I’d like to be able to just type in the code and have it toggle my garage door (I am a WebCoRE+RBoy user by the way, and also have Schlage zwave door locks). Ideally it would accept any codes that are programmed in my door lock.

I can open the garage with (code) and close it with (disarm button + code), but I was hoping to only have to enter the code.

I see that if I enter a wrong code, the lock handler sends an invalid code status… and I was able to modify that so that it sends the code instead of just “invalid code”. I can then check for that code in WebCoRE, which “sort of” works…WebCoRE fires the piston more than once with a “invalidCode changes to ” or “invalidCode stays ”… and of course I have the problem of having to put the codes into WebCoRE.

I use Rental Lock Automator and I’d love my guests to be able to type their code into this keypad which would be placed outside the garage in order to toggle the garage open or closed.

Any ideas on how I could accomplish this?