[RELEASE] Lock and Door Synchronizer, synchronize your locks with other locks, deadbolts, doors, switches/relays

Introducing the Lock and Door Synchronizer

Automate your property, create unlimited combinations to keep your locks, doors and switches in sync.

Examples of how folks are using this app:

• Create extry/exit corridor lock setup, a outside lock and insider lock, e.g.:
    • Synchronize both locks to lock/unlock together when one is operated
    • Enforce no piggyback, when one lock opens, the other closes and vice versa
    • Set an exit door, when the inside lock unlocks, the outside lock unlocks but NOT vice versa
  • Whole property management, lock/unlock all locks when the primary lock is operated
  • Synchronize your patio door with your primary lock
  • Synchronize your garage doors/gates with your primary lock
  • Synchronize your keypad with a garage door (requires Enhanced Keypad Lock device handler)
  • Lock other doors when the main door is locked, but don’t unlock other doors when main door is unlocked

Key Features of this SmartApp:

• Synchronize your locks with:
    • Other locks/keypads
    • Garage door/Motorized doors/Gates
    • Switch/relays (controlling other doors/devices)
  • Define synchronization modes for each device
    • Two way (keep both devices in sync)
    • Primary to secondary (Primary lock operates secondary device)
    • Secondary to primary (Secondary lock operates primary device)
    • Inverted (Secondary device is in reverse/opposite state of Primary device)
  • Limit lock synchronization modes
    • Lock and unlock
    • Lock only
    • Unlock only
  • Each primary lock can synchronize with unlimited secondary devices
    • Set individual synchronization mode for each secondary device
  • Define operating modes

and lots more.

If you’re using a ZigBee keypad like the IRIS, Xfinity or Centralite check out the Enhanced Keypad Lock device handler to synchronize your keypad with your garage/patio doors.

Installation Instructions

Installation/update instructions can be found here

Check out our other Rental/Property Management SmartApps such the Rental Lock Automater, Temperature and Humidity Management, Ultimate Mode based Thermostat, 5-2 Day Thermostat, Motion based Thermostats, Intruder Alert and Alarm Security and Safety/Backup apps. You can browse through the complete list of apps on our website or on the smartthings forum.

If you have any additional feature requests please feel free to send them in.

This SmartApp is available on the RBoy Apps Server, http://www.rboyapps.com as part of our premium Commercial Apps. Refer to our website or facebook page below to get access to the server.

Visit our Facebook page for updates on new apps and to get access to our Commercial Apps. http://www.facebook.com/RBoySTApps

Copyright © RBoy Apps

3 Likes

This is pretty cool! Although…I’m not creative enough to think of real world use cases for this? Care to share some ideas?

Lots of them, check out the first post on how folks have been using this.

One example, think of a corridor with two doors. You can sync both doors to open simultaneously when one is unlocked

or

to prevent piggy backing, when one door unlocks, the other locks.

Another example, one user wanted to unlock the patio door when the backyard gate is unlocked. So when the guest entered through the backdoor gate (using the keypad), it also unlocked the patio door.

Another use case from the AirBnB RLA topic, one user has multiple rooms each with their own lock/keypad. There is a master lock at the main entrance. When the user unlocks their room with the keypad, it also unlocks the master lock at the main entrance. This is a case of a one way synchronization primary (keypad) to secondary (master lock). This way when the master lock is operated it doesn’t open the individual rooms (e.g. building cleaner), but when a renter enters their code on the room keypad it unlocks the main entrance for them to enter.

You can get creative, you can sync locks with lights also. When the main door is unlocked, the light is turned on.

1 Like

Hello, is there any way to disable the automatic SMS that will be sent to my airbnb guests? I do not want this SMS message to be sent to my guests.

Thank you

Charlie

Hi Charlie, this app doesn’t send messages or connects to AirBnB.

I think you’re referring to the RLA app.
To disable automatic SMS to AirBnB users just leave the SMS users phone input box empty.

Is there a way to have this only work with “keypad lock” events?
I don’t want unlocks synchronized.

I see there is a “Mode” to qualify in the app, but this only lists three (Home, Away, Night) and I don’t see how to add new ones or where these were defined.

Hi there, the modes are provided by the SmartThings hub based on what’s defined for your hub. We’ve added the ability to select only lock/unlock for synchronization.

Lock And Door Synchronizer - v01.01.00

• Added option to select lock/unlock/both options for synchronizing primary lock
  • Fixed an issue with the synchronization mode settings not being unique when selecting multiple primary locks and multiple secondary devices

Please note after this update you should open your app and re-check your synchronization settings

Lock And Door Synchronizer - v01.02.01

• Updated to support for new ST app