Introducing the Lock and Door Synchronizer
Examples of how folks are using this app to manage their property:
- Create extry/exit corridor lock setup, a outside lock and insider lock, e.g.:
- Synchronize both locks to lock/unlock together when one is operated
- Enforce no piggyback, when one lock opens, the other closes and vice versa
- Set an exit door, when the inside lock unlocks, the outside lock unlocks but NOT vice versa
- Whole property management, lock/unlock all locks when the primary lock is operated
- Synchronize your patio door with your primary lock
- Synchronize your garage doors/gates with your primary lock
- Synchronize your keypad with a garage door (requires Enhanced Keypad Lock device handler)
Key features of this SmartApp:
- Synchronize your locks with:
- Other locks/keypads
- Garage door/Motorized doors/Gates
- Switch/relays (controlling other doors/devices)
- Define synchronization modes for each device
- Two way (keep both devices in sync)
- Primary to secondary (Primary lock operates secondary device)
- Secondary to primary (Secondary lock operates primary device)
- Inverted (Secondary device is in reverse/opposite state of Primary device)
- Each primary lock can synchronize with unlimited secondary devices
- Set individual synchronization mode for each secondary device
- Define operating modes
and lots more.
Automate your property, create unlimited combinations to keep your locks, doors and switches in sync.
If you’re using a ZigBee keypad like the IRIS, Xfinity or Centralite check out the Enhanced Keypad Lock device handler to synchronize your keypad with your garage/patio doors.
Check out our other Rental/Property Management SmartApps such the Rental Lock Automater, Temperature and Humidity Management, Ultimate Mode based Thermostat, 5-2 Day Thermostat, Motion based Thermostats, Intruder Alert and Alarm Security and Safety/Backup apps. You can browse through the complete list of apps on our website or on the smartthings forum.
If you have any additional feature requests please feel free to send them in.