Thanks @maddie! Might be too complex for how we want to use it (with an airbnb rental) but I will give those options a try and see how it goes! Thanks again!
[RELEASE] Lock User Management: Door lock code manager (create, delete and schedule codes) with automatic lock/unlock, custom user actions and SHM/ADT integration
Having some issues with the door left open notifications. I only want to be notified if the mode is night. But if I open the door when the mode is night and the mode changes to home, it ignores that the mode was changed and continuous to notify me until I close the door.
I want to be able to have my lock remain unlocked for an extended period of time (like 30 minutes) when a family member arrives. I’ve turned off auto-relock in the DHT, but how exactly do I set it in the LUM? I found a place to set a re-lock after closing.
How exactly can I set my door to auto-lock after some time after being unlocked?
thanks in advance!
Door Open/Close Actions on the main page, enable the
Relock door automatically feature and then it will give you an option to set it to 30 minutes. If a door sensor is added then it wait for the door to close before locking it, if not it will lock after the specified period.
Note: The AutoLock on your physical Lock should be disabled for this feature to work properly (which you’ve confirmed). Just FYI, if you’re using the RBoy Apps DTH for your devices it can check the current state of your hardware AutoLock on your lock and notify the SmartApp (the stock ST device handler doesn’t report this information), see image below for a sample notification.
I actually don’t see either of those on my app (v07.07.06)
Thank you to all our testers/users for your feedback on this incremental update
Lock User Management - Version 07.08.00
- Create custom keypad lock actions when using arming keypads for away/stay/night buttons
- Run routines
- Change modes
- Turn switches on/off
- Lock other locks
- Close garage doors
- Synchronize keypad (button lights) with SHM/ADT changes when
Control SHM/ADT using keypadis enabled
- Check for mode changes in real time when sending open door notifications
Some examples of how folks are using this app:
- I give my landlord an access code for the lock but I want it disabled when I’m at home (presence based users)
- When my children are at home and the parents aren’t home, then allow the babysitter’s code to work (presence based users)
- When we’re away, allow my neighbor’s code to work (mode based users)
- I can schedule a code for my nanny with multiple schedules per day (morning and evening)
- I can program ahead for my vacation rental properties with a start and end date/time for my guests
- When I lock my door from outside I want my house to lock up behind me (close garage doors, lock all other doors, turn off switches, arm the security system etc)
- When I unlocked my outer door I want the inner door to also unlock and the lights to turn on but only at night
- I want my employees to have access only during business hours or on specifics days/modes
- I want to open Garage door A when I press the away button and Garage door B when I press the Stay button on my Keypad
- I want to control my SHM/ADT state using an external keypad and also control my patio door
Lock Code User Management is the most reliable and comprehensive commercial grade User Code Management SmartApp with many (unique) features:
- Works with the built in SmartThings device handler (Z-Wave and ZigBee)
- Sure-Programming engine: verifies that programming was successful
- Unlimited users and locks
- Easy and intuitive setup
- Colored icons show user state (grey -> inactive, blue -> active, yellow -> pending, red -> error)
- Different types of users such as:
- one time
- expiration (start/end date/time)
- scheduled (daily/weekly etc) with multiple schedules per user
- presence based
- mode based and many more
- Support for different types of locks (keypad, bluetooth, RFID, etc)
Define custom individual Unlock and Lock actions for users such as:
- Exit delay actions (wait for X minutes before running actions)
- Separate actions for Keypad and Manual locking/unlocking and per door actions
- Create custom actions for security Keypad away/stay/night buttons
- Turning on lights if it’s dark outside
- Unlocking/locking secondary locks
- Opening/closing garage doors
- Notifications on type of lock/unlock (manual, code, keypad, bluetooth, rfid etc)
- Running routines
- Changing modes
- Arming/Disarming SHM/ADT
- Turning on/off switches
- Custom notifications settings (who and how many)
- Multiple/international SMS’s
- Define rules when to run and not run actions
Define Door Open/Close actions such as
- Automatically relocking the door when it’s closed
- Automatically unlocking the deadbolt if it’s extended, while door is open
- Ringing chimes when door is opened
- Notifications if door is left open
- Define actions for each door separately
- Lots of built in safety mechanisms to ensure users have a reliable experience
- Compatibility with SmartLocks
- and lots more…
New app smart lock guest management? Where is it?
Lock manager app
First steps with SmartThings: setting up Yale YRD256 smart lock
The Quest for A 100% Reliable Presence detection
Control Z-Wave deadbolt lock from Monoprice?
Lock Codes and Unlock in new STSC App
Creating Schlage lock user code that only opens door when I am not home
Creating Schlage lock user code that only opens door when I am not home
Smart Home Monitor
Set to Armed (Away) when Kwikset Locked
Setting up Smartthings to replace my Iris setup. Some items of concern
Smart Lock History lost
Lock app idea- enabled/disabled lock codes w/o deleting codes & for specific times
Iris user thinking about switching to Smart Things
[RELEASE] Enhanced ZigBee Keypad Lock - Centralite Keypad, Lowe IRIS Keypad, UEI Keypad and Xfinity Keypad Device Handler
Introduction to SmartThings for Iris Customers
Getting there from fresh install. ADT Smartthings app and configuration advice sought. Iris orphan needing to get to speed
Iris User - Looking for info
Smart lock guest access fails on add
Don't delete 'Classic' app if you have Schlage SmartLocks!
Why does the app always stop working where there is an update? I always know an update is needed when my SHM won’t change modes as it normally does. This is extremely unsafe. What if I’m not home to change and my family thinks the system is arming when it isn’t. Why wouldn’t the current version just continue to work? Why does it need to break down as updates come out?
EDIT: It looks like SHM was having an outage yesterday Smart Home Monitoring Not Working
I like the way you think. On a more serious note, what you’re describing is a platform timeout caused by increased load or an internal issue and not related to the app.
I think it’s a timing coincidence. We release updates tend to coincide with ST deployments to their platform (Tues/Thurs).
We’ve been hearing/noticing timeouts on the platform since yesterday across many apps so I’m guessing it’s either a ST load issue or something in the deployment, either way it’ll sort itself out in a day or so.
To protect users from these issue we released a bunch of apps to check if the Routines executed properly or if the mode/SHM changes did their things and complete it for them if the platform didn’t complete/timed out for any reason.
[RELEASE] SHM Routines, Notifications and Actions
[RELEASE] Open/Close Door/Window/Switch/Lock/Valve/Shade Notification and Actions on Mode Change
[RELEASE] Routines Backup - Verify/double check your routine execution, notify and take actions
Hum, still not working today. I bet if I update the app it will.
Hi Guys, for the lock software, do I need to install both the smart app & dth
Which App, if it is the full Rboy app , you need the driver also
I downloaded the lock user management smart app. I also see there is a universal enhanced zwave lock in the device things handler. I’m wondering if I should have both installed? I dont see an unlocking feature with presence in the smart app. Nor do I see enabling the alarm functions in the smart app.
I’ve installed both, and they work great together:
DTH - Universal Z-Wave Lock With Alarms
App - Lock User Management
Ok thanks. That’s what I was trying to.find out. Does the universal dth allow geofencing? I want the lock to open when I come home.
I use a Routine to disarm SHM, run automatons, and unlock locks based on a combination of mobile devices and ST arrival sensors, so yes.
You don’t need both–unless you need some of the advanced features of RBoy’s DTH–I am using RBoy’s smartapp with the default SmartThings DTH for a Z-Wave lock and it works perfect.
I have the Yale Keyless Connected smart lock which reports when maximum invalid code attempts is exceeded. I can see in My Home>Things>lockname>Recently in ST app that this condition is being reported but I don’t get a push notification from the Lock User Management app.
I have installed the Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock DTH but I suspect it’s not working with this lock - for example, in the ST app on my iPhone I changed the lock setting to reduce the ‘Wrong code entry limit’ value from 5 to 3 (to speed up my testing) but the lock continued to allow 5 attempts before entering Incorrect PIN lockout (which is also still 3 minute even though in the setting on my phone it is 60 seconds).
Any idea as to what I can try next to get push notifications for tamper alerts?
This application appears to have a multitude of functions for locks and I have been debating if it will meet my use case. I am trying to obtain some additional information regarding the capability of this application to control some of the settings of the Schlage Z-Wave Connect Century (BE469).
Can this application allow the disabling and enabling of the Lock and Leave setting based on user codes entered onto the keypad?
Example: Having a guest code inputted turns on a guest mode for the home and disables lock and leave so that when the guest leaves they have to input the code again (Not simply hit the Schlage button on outside) to lock the door. The code being input again by the guest would turn off guest mode and re-enable lock and leave setting.
I have a webcore piston that automatically sets the location mode to away/home and either locks or unlocks the door based on presence. When this piston fires, the app views the lock method as manual. This is causing issues in this scenario because the only option to arm from a manual lock entry is armStay. I’d still like to keep the option to have armStay on a manual lock so that when I’d turn the lock from inside it would armStay.
I think the way to accomplish this would be to have the option of “When in modes XYZ, armAway” and “When in modes ABC, armStay” and “When in modes LMN, do nothing”. I could build this out through a webcore piston to accomplish what I need, but I think this could be a valuable option for all users.
@RBoy does this mean you’re can integrate your paid code into GitHub? That would be so awesome!