Introducing Intruder Alert with Actions
Intruder Alert with Actions is a custom intruder and alert management which can be used as a replacement for the SHM security app found in the ST app with support for Entry Delays and Exit Delays (see below for a full list of features of this app)
It is a very flexible Modes based app which can be used for multiple use cases such as a Security System in place of SHM or even as a tamper monitoring system (Thief Alerts). This allows you to configure sensors to check for intruders and sensors to monitor residents to avoid false alarms.
- Monitor your house security for single/multiple modes (home, away, night etc)
- Monitor devices for device thefts using the tamper alerts option
- Announce your alerts over your speakers/Alexa to alert the whole house
- Create custom alerts/announcements
- Send SMS to multiple numbers
- Trigger multiple alarms/devices and automatically turn them all off then once of them is turned off
- Create upto 3 schedules per day/week for monitoring
- Setup entry/exit delays
- Optional countdowns while arming and triggering alerts (enable detailed notifications)
- Install the app multiple times to create separate use cases (security monitoring, theft monitoring, general alarms, monitor activity during the day or night or when away etc)
You can find the instructions to install SmartApps here
FAQ: How to use Keypads to Arm/Disarm Intruder Alert with Actions
- Open LUM
- Select your Keypad under Locks on the main page
- Tap on Manage Users
- Tap an empty slot and enter a Name and a Code
- Scroll down to the bottom, tap Custom Actions/Notifications -> Enable Custom Actions
- Tap Keypad Unlock Actions
- Setup your Disarming actions here (e.g. change Mode to Home, Run routine to Disarm, Turn off Alarms etc and tap Done/Save
- Tap Keypad Lock Actions
- Setup your Arming actions here (e.g. change Mode to Away and optionally Run routines, Turn on switches etc) and tap Done/Save
You can also create multiple users. If you want to use the same Arming/Disarming actions for all users, then instead of defining custom actions for each user, on the Main page you can tap Lock/Unlock Actions to set the same actions globally for all users.
If you have suggestions or requests feel free to let us know.
This SmartApp is available on the RBoy Apps Server
Refer to our website or facebook page below to get access to the server.