[OBSOLETE] Rboy enhanced zigbee keypad DTH

Hi there It depends on which keypad you’re using. Most keypads can send successive lock (arm) and unlocked (disarm) events, the Iris v3 however requires an unlock (disarm) for every lock (arm).

If you’re using a non Iris v3 Keypad, have you considered having WebCoRE or CoRE trigger when the keypad is unlocked ? When a valid user code is entered (disarm) it sends an unlocked event, you can simply use that to toggle your switch.

EDIT: For the benefit of those using CoRE or WebCoRE. You can subscribe to the keypad unlocked event from WebCoRE and within that event, under the data section you’ll find the the variable codeName which contains the name of the user who unlocked the keypad.

Thanks Maddie. I got a XHK1-UE.

The issue is that WebCoRE seems to de-dupe events- so the triggers of ‘changes’ or ‘changes to (disarmed)’ don’t fire. I got this working by using the trigger “Keypad’s armMode stays ‘disarmed’ for 1 second.” Odd, but it works. I’m going to send you an email with an additional DH enhancement that I made that you may want to add in :slight_smile:

I’m experiencing two issues with my Iris v2 keypad. I have the Enhanced ZigBee Keypad DH v01.09.00 installed.

1st when I try to change the settings in Smartthings Classic App I constantly get the following error.

What am I missing?

I’m also using LUM v07.09.04 with Intruder Alert with Actions v04.02.00. I keep getting notifications of keypad tampering. I know this is because of the bad design of the tamper button on the back. But is there a way to disable the tamper SMS notification? I’m not really concerned about getting tamper via SMS.

There’s a bug in the Android ST app where it automatically adds a .0 to the ends of number inputs causing it to throw that error because the DTH tells it to expect a number and not a decimal.
Set the number of beeps to 1 instead of 1.0, the motion timeout to 10 instead of 10.0, 30 instead of 30.0 and so on and then try to save it.

The tamper is an automatic notification and cannot be turned off for safety. You can stick the button/tab your keypad or stick a piece of paper/clip to keep it pressed if you aren’t using so it won’t keep triggering.

That worked. Thank you.

1 Like

Is it possible disable the keypad (in my case a Iris V2) or set the “CODE ENTRY ON” to “CODE OFF” after 3 or 5 invalid PIN codes. I get notify when someone enter a “Invalid user code detected” so can I use that and automat so that someone can’t “hammer” and unlock the door.

On the iris keypad i cant get the setup to save. It gives a error please fill out all fields. Everything is filled in but it wont save the config

EDIT: A workaround for the ST Android app bug has been published in v01.09.04. It also fixes an issue with temperature offset not being applied in some cases

@RBoy
I’m planing to buy one of those keypad (Which one is the most reliable ?)
Currently I’m using Intruder Alert With action smart app to set the security status (changes modes ).
Will it be possible to make a beep (or another sound ) from the keypad when Entry/exit delay happening ?

Hey there. I just responded to your note. The XHK is an excellent choice for operating devices and custom keypad controls but the Iris v2 has a built in siren and a more sophisticated beeper.

See this post

Thanks a lot @maddie

1 Like

@maddie
I bought the Iris 2 and pairing was easy based on your step by step .
the only thing is that the wifi is blinking and I tried to push the tamper button 5 times with no success .
I tried to remove the batteries but it disconnected the device and I needed to exclude it and pair it again
Any idea how to make it stop blinking ?

Enhanced ZigBee Keypad Lock - Version 01.09.06

• Added support for more capabilities in the new ST app
  • Added support for Chinese ZigBee button

NOTE: You will need to delete and reinstall the device handler for the UI changes to take effect in the new ST app

1 Like

Looking for some help with some Iris keypads I have using the Rboy DH. I essentially want the panic button to turn some lights, a push notification, and a siren on via webcore. When I go to select which “button” on the keypad is held, I just have a list of 30 buttons or so.

Having no idea which number button in webcore is the panic button, I tried both selecting all of them, and trying “if any button” is held to trigger lights and an additional siren. Neither method works, so maybe I’m missing something. Thanks!

I think you should use Pressed or Pushed and not Held since the keypad reports a button push. If you’re using new ST app automation you can add an if condition, select the keypad and then select Pressed as a condition. Alternatively you can use Intruder Alert with Actions to create an action for when the Panic button is pushed.

1 Like

A quick update, with the latest version of LUM, RLA and Lock/Unlock Actions, if you’re using a ZigBee keypad, now you can set a keypad lock or unlock action (in LUM/RLA) to toggle a switch like a garage door opener or a light.

2 Likes

I was curious if there are any sources to buy new Keypads that will work with the Rboy Keypad Device Handler and the Rboy Intruder app? I have searched all over and it looks like you can’t find any of the old LOWES IRIS ones anymore, Centralite does not appear to be selling them (I saw a few used ones on-line but I hate buying used electronics) and I called Xfinity and they won’t sell a new keypad unless you subscribe to their home automation offering.

Ok, I have the DH installed and the keypad is paired. I also have LUM and intruder alert with actions. I’m not entirely sure how to utilize the keypad with the DH. I have a schlage z-wave lock. In LUM, I have selected both the keypad (centralite-c) and the lock. I can’t find where I configure the buttons or actions of the keypad). Also in LUM, I have both the keypad and the lock configured the same (meaning not controlled independently). When I use the keypad and enter a user code when the door is locked, I get a notification that the keypay was unlocked…but nothing happens. How do I set what unlocking the keypad actually does? My goal is really to use the keypad as a security arm/disarm option where LUM will disarm intruder alert if you enter via the schlage lock…and I want to place the keypad near the garage where the keypad will disarm the system if you enter near the garage. I hope all that makes sense @RBoy you have some great apps/DHs

You can define custom actions for the keypad buttons under the Lock/Unlock Actions page → Keypad Lock Actions (away, night stay) and Keyoad Unlock actions (disarm).

However, if you’re looking to control Intruder Alert with Actions using a keypad, see the step by step guide on the first post for this page: [RELEASE] Security System: Intruder Alert with Actions

I just purchased a Schlage BE468GBAK I am trying to use the Enhanced ZigBee DH and then the LUM smart app. I installed both the DH and SA and then paired my BE468 lock. As soon as I change the device handler for the lock to your enhanced DH, I can change the codes via LUM, but I cannot control the lock from the smartthings app, and also cannot have it automatically lock via a webcore piston. As soon as I change the DH back to the original one, I can lock/unlock from the smartthings app, but then I cannot program any more codes from LUM. I tried changing the name in the DH from “Enhanced ZigBee…” to just the plain “ZigBee Lock” and no change. I also noticed that when I use your DH, it shows the temperature as -532.3* (not sure if it’s just a glitch or if the lock even has a temperature sensor on it)