NEW: Aeon Home Energy Monitor v2 Device

Hi Omar
could you please share you code that way i can use it please?
mine dose not show amp which i need it :frowning:
please help

Hi, you have the version 1 or version 2? I think that version 2 is the one that shows amps.

Hi Omar
Thanks for returning back so quick, not sure but I believe version 2 , and heres what i get
Thank you so much for your help

O think you have version 1 thats only read watts. Thats why you did not see amp! Did you have the box or instruction that says the model?

How did you get the cost information on your screen?

Hi Omar
Catalog #: E1AEONDSB09104
MFG Part #: E1AEONDSB09104
Condition: Brand new, USA Warranty

Aeon Labs DSB09104 - Home Energy Meter 2-Pack Bundle
Here’s all the information on the package

Thank you

Is version 1. Thats why you cant see amps

Is there any way to upgrade?
Thank you

I dont know!! Maybe you can ask on the aeon website.

Ok thank you

New Apple app broke this DH… both iPad and iPhone.

Says:
something went wrong
We can’t load your screen right now

I am seeing the same thing. I sent in a support request but I have yet to receive anything back. There is a thread about the update changing something in the Action Tiles and some suggested changes. I looked at the DH briefly but it didn’t seem as straight forward as the thread implied so I switched over to another DH. “Aeon HEMv2 Gen2 - AMR Basic Edition”

I have an app I wrote that sends me nightly power usage data warns of high power usage if not home and resets the Meter each month, so I had to modify it slightly to get it to work with the new DH. The basic one doesn’t look as nice but it works.

I haven’t been actively maintaining this, and there are several newer forks of my work around. I took my HEMv2 off line several months ago.

That said, if you can share pointers to any discussions on fixes, I’ll take a look and see what I can do…

Thanks!

@Brad_ST posted this on the Aeon devices…

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

It looks like tile definition in the DTH is invalid. Specifically, backgroundColors.value is expected to be a BigDecimal and not a String. I’m not sure how this ever worked, tbh, but if you change this https://github.com/SANdood/Aeon-HEM-v2/blob/master/Aeon%20HEMv2.groovy#L134 to this

backgroundColors:[
    [value: "0", 		color: "#153591"],
    [value: "3000", 	color: "#1e9cbb"],
    [value: "6000", 	color: "#90d2a7"],
    [value: "9000", 	color: "#44b621"],
    [value: "12000", 	color: "#f1d801"],
    [value: "15000", 	color: "#d04e00"], 
    [value: "18000", 	color: "#bc2323"]
]

That should fix your problem.

Edit: Looks like @jkp beat me to it :slight_smile: well done :clap:

Edit 2: Looks like a PR was opened Dec, 2015, but never merged: https://github.com/SANdood/Aeon-HEM-v2/pull/7

1 Like

No, we were tying at the same time. But your display looks better

Thanks guys I went through and made your changes and it is working again. I also changed the ValueTiles for amps and volts as well. When I just changed the Watts section it at first did not work.

I then went back and changed the amps and Volts but I had also commented out a section in an earlier attempt to get it to work and forgot to put that back in in my first attempt. So maybe it did not work because of that commented out section.

Anyway it looks like the amps and volts sections should be updated as well, and it is working with those updates.

1 Like

I merged the pull request to fix this…I can’t test it myself because my HEMv2 won’t pair with SmartThings today…will try again over the weekend.

Sorry for the inconvenience…

1 Like

I also deployed a change to production about an hour ago that should prevent crashing or visible errors. The downside to my change is that invalid backgroundColors will just be ignored. The upside is that I think they were being ignored in the mobile apps before this bug appeared. So we’re back to ignoring you :wink:

It’s good to fix your DTHs anyway, but unfortunate that you were forced to do it. Please let me know if you are sill experiencing any issues and I’ll do my best to track it down.

Thank you to everyone that helped to track this one down, and helped others fix their DTHs.

1 Like

Could that change possibly have caused standardTiles to start displaying the “state” as the “label”? All of a sudden all of my standardTiles that did not have a label are displaying the state text within the tile. This really screws things up…