SmartThings Community

Hub Firmware Release Notes - 20.17

(Stephen) #111

My firmware is 000.014.00014 so it looks like my hub didn’t update. Is there a way to do the update manually? Is the previous firmware 000.014.00014 or have I missed a previous update also?

(jkp) #112

@smn You need to contact ST Support. I have an odd feeling you will not like the answer they will give you though.

https://support.smartthings.com

(Bartek) #113

Doing a firmware update on late Thursday/Friday, is not a best idea in ENG world :slight_smile:
As developers, you should know guys, not to do releases in the end of the weekend, but in the beginning instead.

(Stephen) #114

Well since my previous hub just bricked on me last week and I had to reinstall everything on a new hub, I am not real positive right now. Thanks for the suggestion.

Having the same issue here since today with the “Unexpected error”. Typically the error message displays when coming into the “Things”-tab or the Dashboard. If killing the app and restarting, the Things won’t load, neither will the Favorites. I have to refresh those manually

I’m on eu01-euwest1

Android device/os version is most likely not the culprit since i have the same issue on my Galaxy S7 with Android 7, and my Lenovo tablet with Android 6. I also noticed that the Lenovo app still was on 2.13.0 and my S7 on 2.14.0 (updated yesterday) so conflict between app and new hub firware seems more likely

I have three devices that now are displayed as LOCAL (as expected), the Aeon Multisensor 6, and two Z-Wave Plus door/window sensors.

Neither of these things are directly added to Dashboard/Favorites. But I noticed that I had “I’m back” added to favorites, that routine contains setting SHM to disarmed. SHM armed = Aeon Multisensor 6 motion being active, so there is a link there. So i tried to remove “I’m back” from favorites (took 10 attempts) but error is still there. Trying to manage favorites is virtually impossible, takes 5-10 reloads to get the list

(jkp) #116

Aeon devices is one of the devices with the affected dth.

Well since I’m not running custom DTH for the Multisensor 6 I guess I have to wait for the ST team to solve it I guess

(jkp) #118

Contact ST support and report your issue.

Yeah I will, thanks!

Since the update to v17 my Z-Wave Plus Door/Window Sensors events now seems to be “motion” instead of “contact” and report “motion” instead of open close according to the event log.

Today:
2018-02-02 5:28:47.923 PM CET
10 minutes ago DEVICE motion inactive Front door motion has stopped
2018-02-02 5:28:45.011 PM CET
10 minutes ago DEVICE motion active Front door detected motion

Yesterday:
2018-02-01 5:02:32.752 PM CET
1 day ago DEVICE contact closed Front door is closed
2018-02-01 5:02:27.494 PM CET
1 day ago DEVICE contact open Front door is open

My hub still shows firmware 19.19 in both the mobile app and IDE.

(jkp) #122

Try rebooting it. When it starts back up, it should contact and check for updates. If that does not resolve it, you should contact ST support.

https://support.smartthings.com

(Simon Craddock) #123

What the heck is going on with Smartthings this evening, our 2 presence fobs are constantly being tagged ‘Away’ then ’ Home’ every minute. Driving me mad as I have lights on/off attached to routines.

(Joern) #124

With the new firmware I was able to re-connect my washer to ST again without any issues.

Thanks for that, nice work!

Hi, I’m getting a lot of reports from members of our Facebook group that this upgrade broke the ST, we’re getting unexpected errors, have to reload device pages, sync incomplete on devices…

Tickets raised with Tanya at the UK support…

(Brad) #126

Those sound more like mobile issues than Hub firmware. There was also a mobile release this week.

I highly doubt that, as a lot of people all over Europe are getting the same issue within 24hrs of a firmware update as reported otherwise here and all from our FB group are using the latest version from the Playstore.
I’ve removed and reinstalled mine without any change. This is either server och firmware issue not a app issue.
I’ve got two users (phones&pads) on my hub experiencing the same issue on 3 different WiFi’s and 3 different 4G subscriptions, which again points in a totally different direction than app/network/local issue.

The only common thing I know of at the moment is that we’re all on EU West 01 server and all got 20.17 the last 24hrs…

Nope, had the same issues on two different devices, different brands, different OS versions and different app versions. Appeared today after the FW upgrade. Some DTHs (moved from cloud to local) has obviously changed, and none of the efforts from the support could resolve my issues

(Brad) #129

Which specific devices are showing the wrong state? And do you have an example timeframe when this happened?

See the screenshots in the first post in this thread, I have the exact same issue. Android app errors February 1, 2018

On top of that the “Z-wave Plus Door/Window Sensor” DTH stopped working with my Door sensors, they now handle them as a motion device instead. I had to move to the Fibaro Door/window sensor DTH, which means I’m still in CLOUD execution for those