Another Aeontec Home Energy Monitor Device Type - Add: Android, Solar and Calibration
My first code contribution to the SmartThings community. Took a very good device type and made some edits.
- Ability to track solar installations (negative power with proper colors). Does NOT require solar, just allows the power to be negative during production.
- Colors corrected for Android users (should work for iOS too, but I am not able to test).
- Info tiles flattened.
- Reset button zeros the energy value. SmartApp for automatic midnight reset below.
- Also added a calibration value so that you don’t have to flip your leads if your usage is negative/positive and you want it the opposite way. Saves having to dive into the panel and do dangerous work again.
- Added differential reporting, to reduce network load. Default value is 20 watts (HEM will only report power (watts) when the difference between two measurements is more than the setting.
And the optional reset SmartApp: https://github.com/bridaus/Aeontec-2nd-Gen-HEM/blob/master/ResetOnceaDay.groovy
- This was tested in Android on HEM gen 2.
- Allows fixing the situation when both leads are flipped, not when one lead is flipped due to maths inside the HEM.