To whom it may concern,
This thread is about My Ecobee device only, and it’s dedicated to the several hundred of ecobee users (550 contributors and counting) who have been using it for their day to day HA interaction through SmartThings for more than 2 years now.
I’ve developed more than 15k lines of code for the ecobee thermostats under ST. It’s the most comprehensive ecobee implementation. There is no other thermostat device that offers this kind of capabilities under SmartThings (compared to Nest, Honeywell Lyric or any other smart thermostats).
If you want to unlock all ecobee’s rich APIs features, this is the device for you!
The code works with all ecobee models: Ecobee3, Smart-SI, Smart-02, and even EMS thermostats.
New upcoming version here:
BTW, for those who are interested in purchasing an ecobee, here is a referral link you can use:
I recently made the following changes to the UI:
- added the thermostat capabilities with simplified thermostat control in the upper section,also
added humidity and thermostatOperatingState values in the section
- There are still the up and down arrows in the bottom section to control the heating/cooling setpoints as I found out that the small arrows in the thermostat multi-tile are not really usable on an iPod for example (or any small screens).
- equipStatus is now displayed in the bottom section. The advantage of equipStatus vs.
thermostatOperatingState is that it gives you all the statuses for all equipment connected
to ecobee (humidifier,dehumidifier, HRV/ERV).
- Removed some weather tiles to keep the essentials ( weather conditions, outdoor humidity
outdoor temperature, weather icon)
- Moved some UI fields to better use the layout available
Here are some screen shots in Farenheit and Celsius:
Look&Feel In Farenheit
Look&Feel In Celsius (fully supported)
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions related to MyEcobee device and its integration with smart vents and any ST connected temp & motion sensors to create heating/cooling zoned solutions…
As a reminder, with my Ecobee device (which is feature complete) and smartapps, you can do the following:
1) Setting your thermostat to Away or Home based on ST hello modes
See the ecobeeChangeMode smartapp.
2) Resuming your program/climate when you’re back home
See the ecobeeResumeProg smartapp.
3) Setting your thermostat to vacation mode
See the ecobeeManageVacation smartapp.
4) Creating/updating your ecobee climates/schedules
See the ecobeeManageClimate smartapp.
5) Setting your ecobee climate/program at a given time
See the ecobeeSetClimate smartapp.
6) Monitoring and setting your indoor humidity level using your humidifer/dehumidifer/HRV/ERV (when connected to ecobee)
It also allows you to use the ecobee’s free cooling feature…
See the MonitorAndSetEcobeeHumidity smartapp and this thread for more details:
7) Monitoring and setting your setpoints based on any ST connected indoor temp/motion sensors (similar to ecobee3’s follow me feature) & outdoor temperature
See the MonitorAndSetEcobeeTemp smartapp., and this thread for more details:
8) Exposing your ecobee3’s remote sensors to SmartThings for HA scenarios
See the ecobee3RemoteSensorInit smartapp.
9) Controlling your smart vents based on your indoor temp/motion sensors in conjunction with your thermostat’s programs & setpoints
See the ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule smartapp
10) Controlling your minimum fan time per hour during a climate/schedule run
See the ecobeeSetFanMinOnTime smartapp
11) Generating some ecobee HVAC stats on a daily basis and sending them to groveStreams for data analytics
See the following smartapps: ecobeeGenerateStats & groveStreams smartapps
12) Turning off your thermostat(s) when Window or Door contacts are open and restoring your thermostat mode when they are closed
See the WindowOrDoorOpen! smartapp.
13) And many more features, you may want to consult the wiki for more details
- MyEcobee device’s code is fully functional and available now at my store:
- All my smartapps (which only work with MyEcobee device and represent several hundred of hours of development work and testing) are either available for free (for your own usage only) at my github:
You can also find the smartapps under the SmartThingsPublic github repo. If you have the github integration, you just need to select the ecobee apps that you need when you “Update from Repo” (yracine is at the end of the “New - only from github” list).
for a modest contribution at my store.