To whom it may concern,
For those of you who have an ecobee thermostat and would like to control your connected Humidifier/Dehumidifier/HRV/ERV.
There is an app for that!
It’s called MonitorAndSetEcobeeHumidity and it’s available now at my github:
- Ecobee thermostat controlled via ST by MyEcobee device
- Your Humidifier/Dehumidifier/HRV/ERV connected to ecobee
- Outdoor Temp/Humidity Sensor or ST WeatherStation such as this one (optional):
- Temperature/Humidity Sensor (optional) for better humidity adjustment
The smartapp has been there for a while, but I just did an UI revamp for easier navigation.
The smartapp can also do the following:
- Ability to specify the target humidity and the humidity differential allowed
- ‘Free Cooling’: indicate whether or not you want to use the ‘free cooling’ feature (i.e.,by using your HRV/ERV for fresh air when outdoor temperature is colder)
- Ability to enter a minimum fan runtime per hour - fanMinOnTime (optional)
- Ability to use your HRV/ERV as a dehumidifier and indicate the minimum runtime in minutes per hour (optional)
- Ability to use a power meter to control when your HRV/ERV/Dehumidifier/Humidifer can run (optional)
- Notifications can be sent to the ST user account (optional)
- The smartapp can be temporarily deactivated (on hold) with a power (virtual or physical) switch (optional parameter)
N.B. My ecobee device is required for the smartapp as it leverages its comprehensive set of features. The ST stock device only exposes less than 10% of the ecobee APIs. My ecobee device exposes ALL ecobee features.
Refer to the ST community wiki for more details:
And, the thread below:
Here are some screenshots of the smartapp:
<img src="/uploads/default/original/3X/1/9/1931f7d22c7816ceeeab1ff544f93d514bb93b55.jpg"width=“281” height=“500”>
My ecobee device is available for download at my store: