To whom it may concern (i.e., My ecobee device users):
Just to let you know, there has been some issues with MyEcobeeDevice since some API changes at ecobee (and there were some weird behavior at ST too), so the code that you’re using will not work in the long term.
Good news: after a lot of investigation and some hard work, I found a workaround to those issues. However, the new code will no longer be available at github (as my code is not open source), please take note of the following statement:
For more details, see below:
Thank you for your kind support !!
EDIT: A new look & Feel is coming, please refer to the following thread:
A new version is upcoming:
With my smartapps, you can do the following:
1) Setting your thermostat to Away or Home based on ST hello modes
See the ecobeeChangeMode smartapp.
2) Resuming your program/climate when you’re back home
See the ecobeeResumeProg smartapp.
3) Setting your thermostat to vacation mode
See the ecobeeManageVacation smartapp.
4) Creating/updating your ecobee climates/schedules
See the ecobeeManageClimate smartapp.
5) Setting your ecobee climate/program at a given time
See the ecobeeSetClimate smartapp.
6) Monitoring and setting your indoor humidity level based on outdoor temperature
See the MonitorAndSetEcobeeHumidity smartapp.
7) Monitoring and setting your setpoints based on any ST connected indoor temp/motion sensors (similar to ecobee3’s follow me feature) & outdoor temperature
See the MonitorAndSetEcobeeTemp smartapp.
8) Exposing your ecobee3’s remote sensors to SmartThings for HA scenarios
See the ecobee3RemoteSensorInit smartapp.
9) Controlling your smart vents based on your indoor temp/motion sensors in conjunction with your thermostat’s programs & setpoints
See the ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule smartapp
10) Controlling your minimum fan time per hour during a climate/schedule run
See the ecobeeSetFanMinOnTime smartapp
11) Generating some ecobee HVAC stats on a daily basis and sending them to groveStreams for data analytics
See the following smartapps: ecobeeGenerateStats & groveStreams smartapps
12) Turning off your thermostat(s) when Window or Door contacts are open and restoring your thermostat mode when they are closed
See the WindowOrDoorOpen! smartapp.
13) And many more features, you may want to consult the wiki for more details
- MyEcobee device’s code is now fully functional and available now at my store:
- All my smartapps (which only work with MyEcobee device and represent several hundreds of hours of development work and testing) are either available for free at my github:
for a modest contribution at my store.
Please contact me at email@example.com for any issues/questions related to MyEcobee device.