UPDATE 2016-02-29: v0.9.13 Released for general Beta testing. Now with over 235 users!
UPDATE 2016-01-26: v0.7.5 Stable Released with Comfort Settings support. v0.8.0-RC1 Beta release with fanMode support released.
UPDATE 2016-01-16: We now have over 100 installs! Keep the feedback and requests coming!
UPDATE 2016-01-10: We now have over 75 people using the code! This should give us a good base to continue to squash any bugs, and to be able to focus on the features that most people want!
I am happy to finally provide my contribution for updated Ecobee devices and SmartApp.
I’ve built this as a fork off the SmartThingsPublic repository with the desire to have it rolled back in once it is in good shape. It also uses the existing Open Source license so that users won’t get stuck without source code if (for whatever reasons) I were unable to continue providing updates, the community would be able to step in. (Or if users wanted to go into a different direction with their own forks.)
Main items that I addressed with these updates:
- Major refactoring of the stock SmartApp code
- Structured for use with the GitHub / SmartThings IDE integration for easy updates!
- Fixed several bugs around the OAuth Token Handling that was causing timeouts / exceptions
- Optimized the API calls so that we do not call the remote APIs unless needed, use local cached data when it makes sense
- Added a new Smart Auto Mode Temperature Control that allows you to adjust the temperature using the arrows (up and down) even when in Auto mode
- Automatic creation of devices from the SmartApp, allows the selection of a subset of thermostats and sensors. And only shows sensors that are associated with the thermostats that were selected
- Configurable Hold type (Permanent vs Temporary)
- Configurable Poll times
And other stuff that I’m too tired to remember at this point.
If you would like to try out the Device Types and SmartApp, you can follow the instructions on GitHub:. SmartThingsPublic/smartapps/smartthings/ecobee-connect.src at StrykerSKS-Ecobee3 · StrykerSKS/SmartThingsPublic · GitHub
It is still lacking the helper SmartApps for things like ST Hello modes integration, but now that I have this baseline released it shouldn’t be hard to add those apps. Feel free to give inputs on what you’d like to see added first in the thread as that will help guide my focus.
Now time for sleep.