To whom it may concern,
For those of you who have an ecobee thermostat and would like to use ANY ST connected temp & motion sensors to average out your setpoints based on all temp sensors.
There is an app for that!
It’s called MonitorAndSetEcobeeTemp and it’s available now at my github:
- Ecobee thermostat controlled via ST by MyEcobee device (all models supported: Ecobee Lite, Ecobee3, Smart-SI, Smart-02, and even EMS)
- Temperature Sensors in your rooms (optional) : for optimal cooling/heating setpoints
- Motion sensors (optional): to detect if your house is occupied
- Climates/Programs set at ecobee portal
- ST WeatherStation such as this one (optional):
- Minimum set of ST skills to be able to create custom DTH/smartapp.
The smartapp has been there for a while, but I just did an UI revamp for easier navigation.
The smartapp can also do the following:
It can adjust your thermostat setpoints based on a weatherStation or an outdoorTemp Sensor
- lessHeatThreshold: decrease the heating setpoint according to a given outdoor temp threshold
- lessCoolThreshold: decrease the cooling setpoint according to a given outdoor temp threshold
- moreHeatThreshold: increase the heating setpoint according to a given outdoor temp threshold
- moreCoolThreshold: increase the cooling setpoint according to a given outdoor temp threshold
It can set your thermostat to Away or Home based on ALL your motion sensors.
N.B. My ecobee device is required for the smartapp as it leverages its comprehensive set of features. The ST stock device only exposes less than 10% of the ecobee APIs. My ecobee device exposes ALL ecobee features.
Refer to the ST community wiki for more details:
And, the thread below:
Here are some screenshots of the smartapp:
My Ecobee Device is available for download at my store:
N.B. Please be aware that the ecobee3 remote sensors are not meant to be used for real time HA scenarios, so by using other motion sensors, you can make your ecobee more reactive. Please refer to the ST community wiki for more details:
P.S. For other ST connected thermostats (other than ecobee), please refer to the following thread: