Hub Firmware Release Notes - 0.32.7

UPDATE 10/2
We have made changes to improve the hub’s ability to regain connectivity in certain network configurations. This change, along with the below planned changes in the 32.7 update, will begin being released to users in a 32.10 update starting today. We have updated the status page to reflect this and will update again when the release is complete.

UPDATE 9/23
Firmware update 0.32.7 for Samsung SmartThings Hub 2018 and 2015 models will now be rolling out over a two (2) week period. This new time frame has been updated in the post below.

We will be rolling out Samsung SmartThings Hub firmware version 0.32.7 starting next week. Once downloaded, your Hub will briefly go offline as it reboots and applies the update; most customers will experience less than one minute of downtime. We will update the status page when the release is complete.

Hub Target:

• Samsung SmartThings Hub 2015 (Hub v2)
  • Samsung SmartThings Hub 2018 (Hub v3)

Release Date: 21 September 2020 ~ 2 October 2020

Note that this release will be spread out over a two week period, so you may not see your Hub update the first day of the release period.

Release Notes:

Features

• Online / offline status for Hub Connected devices will be monitored and generated locally. All Zigbee and Z-Wave devices (including self published DTHs) and locally running LAN devices will begin using this feature.
  • Added support to display the statistics for incoming and outgoing messages for each Z-Wave device in the mesh network. This can be viewed in the device page in the IDE/Graph.
  • Additional temperature reporting precision for locally executing Zigbee devices, up to one (1) decimal point.

Fixes

• Sonos: Improved reliability for detecting IP address changes.
  • Minor bug fixes and improvements.
16 Likes

i got this

When is the estimated release date for the corresponding firmware for the ADT Hub?

6 Likes

Is there a way to see what resources/memory a hub is utilizing to hold device information and local execution code?

1 Like

Looks like we are finally moving LOCAL, is this correct?

Only the online/offline status detection is moving local. Not device control.

1 Like

You’re kidding me, then why the BIG EMAIL about “local execution and firmware update” if it was only for status detection…

1 Like

we must have a gotten a different email. Mine clearly states:

3 Likes

Same here…“This release includes changes for local monitoring of device health state for Hub connected devices and other bug fixes and stability improvements.”

When will a similar update be released for the SmartThings Wifi?

4 Likes

I would like to know to when Samsung releases an update to smartthings WiFi to.

3 Likes

My v2 hub has been offline for 3+ hours so far today. I assume it’s related to this rollout. Anyone else having issues?

1 Like

Hi Chris, yes, same issue with my hub. Offline for about six hours. The event log shows that there was a hub updater action with the following text:

hub updater action: notify, status: SUCCESS, target: FFFFFFFF, version: FFFFFFFF, hardwareInfo: 000D

The hub disconnected about a minute after this event and has been inactive since then.

Same here. Hub has gone offline since update. Really trying to avoid a full reset.

1 Like

Same here - my hub went offline yesterday and trying everything except for a hard reset it only responds to pings, but not reachable by the app and the Smartthings server hasn’t seen it since it went offline yesterday.

This seems to be a wider problem - what can we do?

Thor

Instead of a hard reset… try a soft reset …

soft factory reset by following these directions:

• Disconnect the power cable from the Hub
  • Using a pin or a small tool, hold down the reset button on the back of the Hub
  • While continuing to hold down the reset button, replace the power cable
  • When the LED on the front starts flashing yellow, release the button

please note: it can take up to 10 minutes to complete since it attempts to contact the ST servers and re-download the firmware

Another option to test before the soft reset…

try changing the dns on your network to something like OpenDNS or Google Public DNS.

I tried both suggestions and even after waiting 30 minutes the hub is still listed as offline in the app and as inactive, last heard from yesterday, under My Hubs in the online interface.

Color of the led light on the hub?

Still solid blue, still responds to pings, but no other contact since yesterday.

Try restarting your router? Do you have a v2 or v3 hub? Do you have a static ip# assigned to your hub?