Privacy policy / Legal Information agreement fails (Network error)

What a mess. :scream:

1 Like

Online / offline status for Hub Connected devices will be monitored and generated locally. I’m assuming this means we can monitor it ourselves locally? If not - what does it really matter? lol

It might matter a great deal because there have been continual problems with device health since it was first introduced, most specifically devices being marked “off-line“ which actually weren’t. This in turn could limit the automations that would use that device.

There has long been speculation that much of this was probably due to cloud latency.

So the hope is that if device status is moved to the hub where possible, it will become much more reliable, and that in turn will improve the reliability of automations that trigger off of device status. :sunglasses:

I never had any GitHub integration setup in the first place.

I’ve done a restart of the ST app on the iPhone, a soft reboot of the phone, a hard reboot of the phone, a test using cellular data only - no response, restarted the main hub, restarted all 3 hubs and the modem, reinstalled ST, made sure it wasn’t running on any other mobile device, and checked to make sure nothing was linked with GitHub … i’m dead in the water

** UPDATE ** - The app is randomly working now - without going through any of those steps again.

1 Like

Posts were moved from Hub Firmware Release Notes - 0.32.7 as there is no connection between the hub firmware update and this issue.

There appears to be degraded performance from the service that handles content such as the privacy policy. The responsible teams are aware and looking into it.

5 Likes

Thank you.

2 Likes

It would appear to have resolved itself now. Still get the bluetooth everytime, still very annoying

This same issue is now back again. When opening the ST app this morning, I get the legal information screen after some seconds. Tapping the “agree” button results in the error message that is mentioned earlier. Tried everything to get rid of this. Even installed the app on another phone to check, and after logging in with a brand new created Samsung account the same thing happened. So app is useless for the moment. Very annoying. Luckily I have Google home to control everything while this is hopefully getting fixed asap

same thing here, following

I’m also getting this, UK based on EU01 West shard if it matters!

Same here - not working on existing implementations on both iPad and iPhone, based in the UK

1 Like

Same here :frowning_face:

Same same - App is broken and showing the legal information screen. clicking agree results in an error.
Based in Israel.

Can you please confirm which version of the App are you using? Is it the Android or the iPhone one?

Same here (Netherlands), using iPhone and iPad (IOS14)

1 Like

iPad = 1.6.55
iPhone = 1.6.55

I have had to take this info from the App Store

1 Like

@SamsungUK, you should have a look on this issue as soon as possible! It seems like the new iPhone app is derailed a bit by this new legal agreement. Fortunately the Android app hasn’t been released yet…

Using Iphone and Ipad. Latest updated from App Store. I think 1.6.55

1 Like

It’s OK for me now, 1.6.55 on iPhone - uk hub