Samsung Connect Home/SmartThings WiFi Hub Firmware Release Notes - 0.32.12

We will be rolling out Samsung SmartThings Hub firmware version 0.32.12 to Samsung Connect Home and SmartThings WiFi devices on Wednesday November 4th. This firmware update is for the SmartThings Hub portion of these devices and does not affect the router functionality. Once downloaded, the SmartThings portion of your hub will briefly go offline as the update is applied; during this time the router portion of the device will continue to function. We will update the status page when the release is complete.

Hub Target:

• All Samsung Connect Home Models
  • Samsung SmartThings WiFi

Release Date: 4 November 2020

Release Notes:

Features

• Online / offline status for Hub Connected devices will be monitored and generated locally. All Zigbee and Z-Wave devices (including self published DTHs) and locally running LAN devices will begin using this feature.
  • Added support to display the statistics for incoming and outgoing messages for each Z-Wave device in the mesh network. This can be viewed in the device page in the IDE/Graph.
  • Additional temperature reporting precision for locally executing Zigbee devices, up to one (1) decimal point.

Fixes

• Sonos: Improved reliability for detecting IP address changes.
  • Minor bug fixes and improvements.
4 Likes

Holding…1

Hi Team

Will this include the Australian Wi-Fi Hubs? currently, they do not support Sonos, is there any plans to make this feature available, as Sonos is sold locally?

Cheers

Joey

That’s strange, my Sonos work fine with my ST (i’m in VIC) though I must admit it only let’s you to continue to play the last station/service played. I still use the Sonos app to change the source.

I’m glad there’s finally a post about the SmartThings Wifi hubs getting an update instead of just seeing the v2 and v3 hubs. And the changes are mentioned instead of only getting the popup about an update if you click the hub in the app and then get to see the update changes.

Has this rollout been completed? Mine still has yet to update.

It is scheduled for nov 4th

Ah I totally misread the date today lol. Thx :joy:

The main devices that disconnect (multiple times a week) are my ST water sensors. Will this new update allow us to not only monitor their online/offline status, but also provide a notification when they go offline? A majority of the other devices are very solid and rarely lose their connection (Z-wave.) I’ve tried moving the hub away from Wifi, but this only had marginal improvements. I’m thinking about getting those Ikea Zigbee repeaters…

Does this include Smarttings ADT Hub?

I checked and see that I have received the FW update, I checked on my devices in IDE portal and my inovelli switches that use DTHs is still saying running in the cloud, am I reading it wrong when the notes say that self published DTHs should run locally as well now?

Yep… custom code does not run locally.

Online / offline status for Hub Connected devices will be monitored and generated locally.

1 Like

If you need custom code to run locally you can use a hubitat hub and then link it to ST (since the hubitat mobile app isn’t very nice)

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.