We’re excited to announce the start of a new SmartThings Hub Firmware Beta. Version 0.32.x will begin rolling out in batches starting September 1st; we will send out an email when we start updating Hubs. We will be paying close attention to any issues encountered by users so your hub may not get updated right away. The hub will be offline for about a minute during the update. See below for more specific details about the update.
- Samsung SmartThings Hub 2015 (Hub v2)
- Samsung SmartThings Hub 2018 (Hub v3)
- September 1st, 2020
Local Monitoring of Device Status - Device online / offline status for Hub Connected devices will run locally. WARNING - Immediately following this update, Beta testers will be limited to viewing the current state of a Hub Connected device. Historical state changes will be unavailable until a subsequent cloud release, scheduled for Wednesday, September 9th. During this period, any SmartApps using device health states may be affected. If this limitation affects you, we encourage you to opt out of the 0.32.X beta. Additional Notes:
- All Zigbee and Z-Wave devices (including self published DTHs) and locally running LAN devices will begin using this feature.
- The mechanisms for determining state will remain the same as before. Most Hub Connected Devices are pinged on a pre-determined basis (aka Check Interval). If the device fails to respond to a ping, the device is marked as Offline. Any activity from the device will mark the device Online, and reset the scheduled ping.
- All Zigbee/Z-Wave devices with the Health Check capability or ones that have created a checkInterval event at some point in the device’s lifetime will follow the Ping mechanism for their health state, the rest of the devices will mirror their respective network’s status.
- The ping frequency for offline devices will start to decrease as consecutive pings are missed by the device.
- Added support to display the statistics for incoming and outgoing messages for each device in the mesh network. This can be viewed in the device page in the IDE/Graph.
- Zigbee devices that execute locally will now include one (1) decimal point of precision in temperature reports.
- Sonos: Improved reliability for detecting IP address changes
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
- Anyone who participated in the previous beta (0.31.x) is automatically signed up for this one.
If you’d like to participate in the beta, but haven’t taken the survey yet, you can Sign Up Here