Aeotec Smart Home Hub/2018/2015 Model Hub Firmware Release Notes - 0.46.08

We will begin rolling out Samsung SmartThings Hub firmware version 0.46.08 starting Wednesday, January 18. Once downloaded, your Hub will briefly go offline as it reboots and applies the update; most customers will experience less than one minute of downtime. We will update the status page when the release is complete.

Hub Target:

• Samsung SmartThings Hub 2015 (Hub v2)
  • Samsung SmartThings Hub 2018 (Hub v3)
  • Aeotec Smart Home Hub

Release Date: 18 January 2023~ 23 January 2023

Release Notes

General

• Updated OS for improved security and stability

Edge Drivers

• Edge Driver Enhancements for Development

• Changed the default TCP Keepalive options for TCP Sockets that have setoption('keepalive', true) set.
    • Fixed a bug that would cause tls wrapped sockets to potentially block a driver when calling doconnect
    • Fixed a bug in the TCP accept implementation that would backlog more connections than intended
    • The st.mdns API now returns higher-level data structures instead of DNS packets directly. The internals have also been refactored to offer deeper integration with the hub, leading to improved reliability, accuracy, and responsiveness.
    • Fixed two Z-Wave Configuration Command Class bugs to allow for unsigned, bit mask, and enum parameter type serialization, and 0-sized parameter deserialization in the PropertiesReport Command
    • Removed support for use of attribute id, and command id filtering options on MatterDevice:get_endpoints
    • Added AcceptedCommandList and AttributeList attributes to the matter cluster library for all clusters.
    • Fixed a bug preventing the use of manufacturer defined clusters with Matter devices
  • Lua Libraries Changes

• Z-Wave: Use reserved “default” duration value for Z-Wave defaults that employ the duration field of various command classes. Non-default values are still numbers.
    • Matter: Remove support for MatterDevice:get_endpoints opts to search for cluster element support, since it is no longer available on the device object.
13 Likes

Really hope things get better with this.
I have just been busy and lazy to contact customer support for the hub related issues. thought living with the problems were better.

1 Like

Do we have anyway of knowing the memory usage of these updates/additional edge drivers.

Over the last 2 or 3 updates I’m having more and more memory issues although I’ve reduced the number of devices on my v3 hub. I’ve also reduced the umber of routines and drivers installed but within a day or so it just reports as full again

4 Likes

Does this fix our ct100 thermostat issue too?

1 Like

Anyone else having issues where all of their routines have disappeared from the dashboard, and they can’t load routines that are shown from a device page? I first noticed it this afternoon. Have restarted the app a number of times without a fix. V2 hub. Will power cycle the hub when I can get in front of it.

1 Like

There is another thread concerning this under Cannot edit routines/Missing Routines (18 Jan 2023)

All 4 of my STv3 sub hubs went off line & report firmware update needed. Primary still works thank goodness.

I suspect you’ve got one of the versions of the SmartThings WiFi mesh devices. Those are not what is referred to as SmartThings 2018 (V3) hubs and are not currently being updated to firmware 46.08. There is no such thing as a sub hub for the 2015 (V2), 2018 (V3), or Aeotec hubs.

In general, the WiFi mesh hubs and subhubs seem to lag behind on getting firmware updates.

1 Like

I’m a bit new to all this. How do we update ? My settings are set to to allow firmware update automatically but can I force the update.

I have the aeotec Smart Home Hub v3 US

I have this version :
Z-Wave DSK 45901-18885-52718-61482
49967-09932-65256-43657

That setting is to allow the hub to update firmware on your connected ZigBee devices.

Firmware updates to the hub itself occur automatically. You can’t force them, nor can you prevent them. Rollout of a hub firmware update takes place over the course of several days.

So, just sit tight. It’ll happen when it happens and not a minute before.

5 Likes

Thanks HalD, I’ll just be patient then. I was just nervous I didn’t have the latest one from October 2022 since I saw a post saying “SmartThings Hub firmware version 0.45.9” as mine is 000.045.00011 I guess when they say 0.45.9 it means 000.045.0009 ? Or mine is 0.45.11 ??? Confuses me that I was not seeing 0.45.9 I thouht I was using a really old version like 9 would be 90000 and I was only at 11.

We’re all too lazy to remember all the zeros. 000.045.00011 gets referred to as 45.11. So you are on the most recent version prior to the one being distributed now.

4 Likes

Well the update did nothing for me. Still getting the ct100 thermostat still updating message and I get server error message while changing the temperature. I have sent them logs and nothing.

1 Like

Using Smartthings WiFi hub, would like the latest release to confirm some socket related issues I’m having, I’m still on 43. Any way to opt-in sooner or do we know release dates for these hubs?

If you have the SmartThings wifi mesh with plume, it is not involved with this firmware update, this update only occurs for the v2/v3 and Aeotec hubs. The SmartThings wifi with plume is on 43.x and those tend to get updated much later than the Hubs in this firmware update. Much later!

2 Likes

Correct, with plume. Welp, that sucks, thanks for letting me know. Think this changes my plans.

1 Like

I had the same problem using the V2 hub. Routines I created disappear, restarted my phone and even uninstalled the app and reinstalled. However some hours later, the routines and scenes mysteriously appeared. Now when I create a routine to send a message I get “There was a problem connecting. Try again later etc.” My V2 hub firmware was upgraded to version 000.045.00011. Check your device firmware, they may just reappear.

My hub still has not updated.

My hub Aeotec still has not updated.

1 Like