Aeotec Smart Home Hub/2018/2015 Model Hub Firmware Release Notes - 0.48.03

We will begin rolling out Samsung SmartThings Hub firmware version 0.48.03 starting Monday, June 05. Once downloaded, your Hub will briefly go offline as it reboots and applies the update; most customers will experience less than one minute of downtime. We will update the status page when the release is complete.

Hub Target:

• Samsung SmartThings Hub 2015 (Hub v2)
  • Samsung SmartThings Hub 2018 (Hub v3)
  • Aeotec Smart Home Hub

Release Date: 05 June 2023 ~ 13 June 2023

Note that this release will be spread out over the course of 9 days, so you may not see your Hub update the first day of the release period.

Release Notes

• Allows manual initiation of firmware updates for eligible Matter devices even if the Hub’s automatic device firmware update setting is disabled. This can be done by following these steps.

1. Select the device in SmartThings
    2. Chose “More Options (⋼)” and tap “Information”
    3. If an update is available, select “Update Firmware”
  • Addition of Meter Identification Cluster to the Zigbee Libraries

• Improvements to Edge Driver memory usage

5 Likes

Will 48.X be released anytime in the public repository below ?

Hi, @w35l3y
The team uploads the libraries for every new firmware version, but it’s generally done after everyone gets the update and it starts next Monday. So, it will eventually appear there.

1 Like

Will you fix the slow automations and slow response of V3 hub?

3 Likes

A few days ago the connection between Smartthings and Philips Hue went missing.
It is no longer present in the Smartthings app.

Trying to reconnect Philips Hue hub with Smartthings results in error message 34-302.

Will this update fix this?

Hi, @arcspin, did you report this issue to Customer Support? I think there was a release of the Hue driver recently, if you haven’t reported it, it would be helpful to collect some info from you. Please, let me know.

1 Like

Hello,
Yes I have reported it via the Smartthings app.
I haven’t heard back from Smartthings since I reported the issue.

There are several more users that have the same problem.
So this seems like a bigger issue.
https://community.smartthings.com/t/uk-v2-hub-not-communicating-with-hue-devices-june-2023/264437

ok, thank you for the link. I asked the team if this is a known issue, if not, I’ll ask for more info in the other thread.

1 Like

Sorry for writing myself off, but my question was not malicious.
@nayelyz I’ll give you an example: when the ‘Goodnight’ scene is activated, some of the light bulbs in the house react one second after the ‘Goodnight’ button is pressed, and some take up to three or four seconds to switch off.
I used to have a V2 and there was no such problem, it worked much faster: from pressing the button, everything switched off within a second. I haven’t changed anything else, the same number of receivers, just the hub.
Is this problem unique to me? Or maybe someone else has it too with V3 hub?
Second example: I have an Aeotec motion detector in the bathroom: when it detects movement, two coloured bulbs light up blue. However, if I manually switch on all the lights in the bathroom with a button, they all light up white and the automation should not work (one of the bulbs is conditional).
Meanwhile, I often have the situation that when I enter the bathroom, after starting on white, the motion sensor switches off two of the four bulbs anyway and changes the other two from white to colour. It is as if the hub does not register the “ON” state of the bulb, which is a precondition in this automation.
With the V2 hub worked well.
Quite frustrating.

1 Like

9 posts were split to a new topic: [Edge drivers] infoChanged lifecycle periodical execution?

Has this firmware been put on hold ? I see in the SmartThings status there is an unsolved update issue. And neither of my devices have been patched yet

Per the first post in this thread:

1 Like

Wonder what this is

Good question. I have no idea.

Anything that appears on the status page is listed under ‘Past Incidents’ as an ‘incident’ and if it is ongoing it is an ‘unresolved incident’. So that’s just an entry for the start of the firmware update.

You’ll see there is another ‘unresolved incident’ starting on June 1st for the TV hub issues.

1 Like

Plz fix the slow automation execution!!! Edge drivers were supposed to make things faster
 the opposite is happening nowadays 
 very frustrating from ST team

2 Likes

on some longer scenes, all my devices with hub v3 take several seconds to change state, even 10 seconds unfortunately

2 Likes

I noticed that with my goodnight routine. Eveeything shuts off & then the living room light shuts off. About a second delay but was never there b4.

1 Like

All my Sengled bulbs randomly come on at once since the notification of the update being completed. Has anyone else experienced this?

I have had to set up a routine to turn them all off when one of them come on between Sunrise and Sunset.

Please fix!