Update to SmartThings Groovy Transition

Many people who had routines disappear from the app yesterday have gotten then back by now without having to do anything except log out of the app and log back in again. but not everyone has them back yet. But that only applies to the routines that disappeared all together at one time yesterday.

Other SmartApps may have disappeared over the last few week as part of the Groovy shut down and those might indeed need to be re-created individually. For those cases, see the link I just gave you:

Why Did My Integration/SmartApp Stop Working in January 2023?

OK, dumb question: how do I log out of the app? I’m looking around, but it looks like I completely sign out of my Samsung account and not just SmartThings. Maybe I’m looking in the wrong place? Thanks.

EDIT: I logged out of my Samsung account from SmartThings app, and logged back in, but that didn’t help… Maybe reboot the Hub?

In fact you can edit too. Toggle it off. Open, edit and save. Toggle back on.

1 Like

NIce catch!
Much appreciated.

1 Like

Shazam! All automations have returned.
Must have been a massive number of hubs updated for such latency.

Not sure what is current, but showing 045.00011 on a V2 Rev E

2 Likes

@drc 46.08 is being rolled out:

45.11 was released in October:

2 Likes

My routines and scenes are back. Both hubs are still on FW 45.11

2 Likes

All of mine came back, so I probably was. I once again have both Smart Lighting and the new Smart lighting.

This is a terrible way for the UI to work!

1 Like

It seems that my devices are being updated (I have several Leviton switches) were updated to Edge Drivers. The only interesting observation is that the old IDE still reports them as DTH’s but the CLI reports them as Edge Drivers. Looks like the IDE is being turned off little by little.

Be sure you don’t have duplicates showing in the IDE, one DTH and one Placeholder. Makes for bizarre behavior if so.

1 Like

I have been experiencing this for a few months now. No dulicate devices. Just shows DTH in the IDE and edge driver in the CLI and app.

Do we know if/when automatic migrations will stop? I still have a few devices using DTH’s. I will wait if there’s a chance it’ll still migrate automatically. If it’s never happening, then I can force delete and include those devices manually.

The last official announcement was “1st quarter 2023“ so they’ve given themselves another couple of months if they need it. Multiple community members reported that they hadn’t had any migrations for a couple of weeks and then they just started again in the last few days.

1 Like

I have many virtual devices created by the smartapp virtual devices creator.
Will this all be automatically migrated to a local version as well?

So far the only official word on this is that they are looking into it. :disappointed_relieved:

Several community members have come up with ways to create virtual devices for the new architecture. If you want to go ahead and create some for yourself, see the following for the alternatives:

FAQ: Creating Virtual Devices with the new architecture (Without the IDE) (2023)

1 Like

I think you should be OK because those devices are based on stock handlers intended for production use, just like the other devices being migrated

If you had been using the ‘simulated’ family of devices I’d be less optimistic as they were intended as test devices, though you wouldn’t really know that if you just picked them out in the IDE.

1 Like

I’ve slowly been losing devices to my network. Train wreck in slow motion. First was the Smartthings wifi Smart Plug and now the Amzn wifi smart plug. Expected some would need different connections. But not Smartthings branded devices or Samsung OCF supported devices.
The ST plugs are still shown, but offline. The Amzn wifi plugs are just gone.

What am I missing?

Do they have edge drivers? If not, then maybe still a chance one will be developed. If they do, then take a look at the source of the edge driver.

Sadly, not that I can find. I will have to replace the units. Just hope no more ‘migrations’ are headed my way. Hopefully they zombie back one day.
Thanks

The Amazon Wi-Fi smart plug never had a direct smartthings integration that I know of. You might have been activating it through an Amazon routine that relied on a virtual device that is no longer functional. If so, that virtual device could be replaced with one that does work with the new architecture.

Can you post a screenshot of a routine that used the Amazon smart plug?

2 Likes