Z-wave lock edge driver

I’m glad I found this thread and particularly @SCClockDr post. I’ve been racking my brains trying to get my Kwikset 910 added using the Edge drive. I did what George said and ran through the process of excluding and adding the device twice in a row. Now it works.

Thanks @Havok1327
I’ve since moved my second Kwikset 888 to the Edge driver without any difficulty.

Can I request that the following fingerprints added to the SmartThings Beta Z-Wave Lock Driver?

This if for the U-Tec UltraLoq Z-Wave Plus Deadbolt Lock with fingerprint ID.

Data * networkSecurityLevel: ZWAVE_S2_ACCESS_CONTROL
Raw Description zw:Fs2ac type:4001 mfr:0452 prod:0004 model:0001 ver:1.01 zwv:7.14 lib:03 cc:5E,55,98,9F,6C sec:86,72,5A,87,73,80,62,63,85,8E,59,7A

Thank you.

I have a Kwikset 910 Z-Wave Lock. I also have excluded and re-installed but it won’t seem to pick up the Edge driver. It keeps grabbing one called “Universal Z-Wave Lock Device Handler v04.04.02”, which I believe is the non-edge driver. Am I doing something wrong?

That’s a custom DTH that will likely have priority over the Edge driver when adding your lock. It’s probably installed in your account and you will need to login to the IDE and delete it before an Edge driver will get selected.

1 Like

Do you have any thoughts on which attribute to use? I have been trying to use “codereport” but keep getting a null result. I have a Kwikset 910. I formerly used the rBoy Lock User Management flawlessly.

What exactly are you wanting to do? codeId will report back what slot the door code occupies. So if you use code 1234 and it’s in slot 1 it will report back codeId 1, same goes for codeName. That is if you’ve named the slot if not it will respond back with “code (slot number)” like code 1. As I don’t have a kwikset lock I am only going off of my experience with schlage locks.

Thanks for the feedback. I am trying to write routines that will trigger an action based on which code is entered. Basically what rBoy LUM would do. Things like disarm or arm the system with certain codes.

You can’t do it with Smartthings native routines, you would need to use Sharptools Premium version which cost 30.00 a year. Not bad at 2.50 a month. There are other options and I’m sure someone else will reply with them. Sharptools is very intuitive and easy to use. Below is a Sharptools rule that I created to send a notification to my phone specifying which user unlocked the door. It should give you a good starting point.

1 Like

You can use ST app Routines if you install the beta Z-Wave Lock PH driver from at @philh30.

Also, provided you’ve set code names in SLGA (or via the CLI, or lockmanager.io, etc), you can use codeName from the events directly in Sharptools.

1 Like

I wish ST would make that available in the stock Zigbee lock and Zwave lock Edge drivers.

Frankly, I wish they would take all of his enhancements and put them in the stock driver. I would submit pull requests myself if I was better at “github-ing”.

1 Like

Thanks Michael. I have been using sharp tools but I am unfamiliar how you are using “$context.event.value” and “$context.event.data.codeid”. Are these variables? Where did they come from. Sorry for the dumb question. SharpTools rookie here

See this post on the SharpTools forum.

yes, as bthrock said and linked you to the article. Let me know if you have more questions after reading through the link and I will explain it to you in detail.

Thanks guys. This unlocked it all for me. I did learn the hard way the capital letterS count. “CodeId” didn’t work but “codeId”. Also, for the other newbies, looking at the log was very helpful to understand what data and context the lock was returning.

I now have my home arming “stay” when I code out with my code at the front door. When we use my wife’s code it, sets security to “Away” and mode to “Away”. When my adult children code in or out it arms or disarms approprietly and I get a text of who has coded in. All working greaT. .

2 Likes

Great, im glad it worked out for you.

Is there a way to request the addition of locks to the official edge driver? I have a Kwisket 910 that has the following description:

• type:4003
  • mfr:0090
  • prod:0003
  • model:0236
    There’s a prod 0001 / model 0236 listed in the in fingerprints file but not a 0003/0236.

Thanks!

You’ll get an Edge driver that supports that faster by asking @philh30 to add it to his [ST EDGE] Z-Wave Lock PH - Devices & Integrations / Community Created Device Types - SmartThings Community driver.

1 Like