Samsung Connect Home/SmartThings WiFi Hub Firmware Release Notes - 0.45.11

These drivers don’t add devices when scanning:

These add, but don’t work:

There are others, but these are my primary ones I need working.

Try this Sonos Edge Driver which is Websocket based. It is working for me.

That is the issue… Because the point of having the wifi hub is to have its own subnet. So having devices on the original subnet doesn’t make sense. We want use the router as intended. I have a really old modem, that I don’t want to use to control my devices.

I don’t see a link to the driver.

Sorry, thought it was there but it’s just the thread for discussing issues. The driver is in the Official ST channel

How did you add the Sonos speaker back into smartthings? I added the beta ST edge driver…but no scanning on the local network or adding by brand name picks up my Sonos SL1.

Just did a Scan Nearby.

Neither did mine. Although I have the Sonos already aaded with the older non-edge driver. Do I need to remove that one first? Does this new driver work with speaker notifications?

Doesn’t seem like it since “Play message on speaker” is greyed out as an action.

That’s a deal breaker then… Thanks anyway.

Hey all! Have anyone tried to add a Matter labeled device to the WiFi hub? I’m curious if indeed this latest firmware update already adds Matter compatibility.

if you open the hub in the ST app, look for the 3 logos: zigbee, z-wave and matter. If the Matter logo is shown then the hub supports Matter :slight_smile:

:frowning: I can only see both zigbee and Zwave, not matter

Hi! @nayelyz. Do you happen to know when the Smartthings WiFi Hubs will have Matter compatibility?

Thanks!

I have a smartthings wifi hub… and it supports matter now after update. On iOS.
It is a Samsung connect home pro… not the plume version. Oh and the firmware updated even though I turned off the wifi portion of the hub and only have it being used as a smartthings hub now.

2 Likes

2 questions

1. How did you turn off the wifi?
  2. How can you tell the hub is matter compatible? I have the connect as well and I only see the zigbee and zwave logos.
1 Like

I’m skeptical that his hub supports Matter since both the Connect Home and the Plume Wi-Fi hub run the same codebase. What he might be seeing is that there is an option in the app to input a Matter code manually when adding a device. That doesn’t mean that there is Matter support on the hub and as I described above, the app told me there were no compatible hubs when I scanned the Matter QR code or entered it manually.

1 Like

Oh that is interesting. Didn’t know the option to add matter devices would still show in the app without the ability to actually add it. You are probably right …but then Matter support has not been as smooth as advertised in best case scenarios.

To turn off wifi and make the connect home pro just a smartthings hub…

Yeah, if you want to know if the ST hub supports Matter, you have to look for the Matter logo in the hub information panel.

No such option to disable Wi-Fi on the Plume model.

I wonder why the Connect hubs have this option but the WiFi (i.e., Plume-based) hubs don’t. I have a single SmartThings WiFi hub, solely for Smartthings, and it’s annoying that I can’t prevent it from broadcasting an SSID for a WiFi network that isn’t actually functional.