Samsung Connect Home/SmartThings WiFi Hub Firmware Release Notes - 0.45.11

Perhaps the Plume Wi-Fi module doesn’t expose a way to “turn off” the Wi-Fi. Consider the original form factor for Plume devices is a wall plug-in module. There may be no notion of “Wi-Fi off” given the design.

1 Like

That seems like a plausible explanation; thanks for the reply.

For a while I enjoyed the combined wifi / smart-home features of the SmartThings WiFi system, and the Plume management system, but then I had some internet problems and decided that having the two systems combined complicated troubleshooting.

At that point I went with a different system for mesh WiFi and pared down to a single SmartThins Wifi device purely for use as a SmartThings Hub (I started with a three pack). That said, I’ve not had any misgivings about investing in the system, as I’ve had a very good experience with SmartThings for both Zigbee and Zwave devices. As mentioned already, however, I just wish there were an easy migration path to move to a newer SmartThings hub before the devices reaches end of life.

2 Likes

Well, at least for the time being, we’re getting periodic (not necessarily frequent) firmware updates. If we don’t at least get Matter over Thread or Wi-Fi, then I’m going to be a bit frustrated to say the least.

1 Like

Matter controller for Smartthings Wifi hubs is all I want. I don’t think they have a thread radio so matter over wifi. But that would be good enough.

1 Like

I’ve just got the matter enabled smart plug and can confirm that I was unable to add it using the Smartthings WiFi hub. As soon as the plug was connected to the mains it was detected automatically by Google Home and the Smartthings app, however when trying to pair it I got a “your hub does not support this device” message (attached). I was able to add it to Google Home and the Tapo Apps. The only way I found to control it thru Smartthings was by connecting it thru the cloud service. Hopefully Matter is soon enabled on the WiFi hubs

1 Like

Hello, after updating the firmware to version 45……, my hub/ wi fi plume went offline. My WiFi network works fine but my hub is offline even though my zigbee devices with SmartThings drivers are online. It looks like an error to me. Could anyone help me to fix this problem?

Thanks for sharing this; I haven’t tried to add a Matter device to my Smartthings Hub, but like others, I’m still holding out hope that Matter support will be added via firmware update before too long. At the least I wish Smartthings would communicate their intention for these hubs more clearly.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.