Samsung Connect Home/SmartThings WiFi Hub Firmware Release Notes - 0.46.10

We will be rolling out Samsung SmartThings Hub firmware version 0.46.10 to Samsung Connect Home and SmartThings WiFi devices on Monday, March 6. This firmware update is for the SmartThings Hub portion of these devices and does not affect the router functionality. Once downloaded, the SmartThings portion of your hub will briefly go offline as the update is applied during this time the router portion of the device will continue to function. We will update the status page when the release is complete.

Hub Target:

• All Samsung Connect Home Models
  • Samsung SmartThings WiFi

Release Date: 06 March 2023 ~ 10 March 2023

This hub firmware update requires your SmartThings Wifi or Samsung Connect Home to be running the most current firmware version for the router portion. If a new router firmware version is available, you can download using the steps below.

1. Open the SmartThings app and select the SmartThings Wifi or Samsung Connect Home
  2. If an update is available, you will receive a pop-up asking you to update the firmware
  3. Select Update and wait for the device to finish applying the new firmware

Once the router firmware is updated, the device will automatically download the hub firmware update

Note that this release may be spread out over a few weeks, so you may not see your Hub update the first day of the release period.

Release Notes

General

• Updated OS for improved security and stability

Edge Drivers

• Edge Driver Enhancements for Development
    • Changed the default TCP Keepalive options for TCP Sockets that have setoption('keepalive', true) set.
    • Fixed a bug that would cause tls wrapped sockets to potentially block a driver when calling doconnect
    • Fixed a bug in the TCP accept implementation that would backlog more connections than intended
    • The st.mdns API now returns higher-level data structures instead of DNS packets directly. The internals have also been refactored to offer deeper integration with the hub, leading to improved reliability, accuracy, and responsiveness.
    • Fixed two Z-Wave Configuration Command Class bugs to allow for unsigned, bit mask, and enum parameter type serialization, and 0-sized parameter deserialization in the PropertiesReport Command
  • Lua Libraries Changes
    • Z-Wave: Use reserved “default” duration value for Z-Wave defaults that employ the duration field of various command classes. Non-default values are still numbers.
4 Likes

Will these bring Matter compatibility to these hubs?

2 Likes

I recently started having an issue where I can not get into the Smartthings Hub portion of the Wifi hub on the app. I contacted support and they are looking into it. Has anyone else had the same issues? I wonder if this will help.

iOS or Android? For me, the latest iOS app is very buggy

Thanks for considering SmartThings Wifi Hub as part of your roadmap support… since fews month you release new updates and we really appreciate it… Instead of 2021-2022 you don’t release any update for long period of times like years!!! :-(( So thanks team SmartThings to keep Wifi Hub keep up-to-date… Wifi Hub as Mesh is better then any other as Aeotec or other release… Long life for Wifi Mesh Hub (Plume).

Hope Wifi Hub will support Matter soon!

1 Like

Android. I’m not even sure how to check if the hub got updated since I can’t go into that portion of the app. Maybe somewhere in the IDE…

If the hub is shown in IDE, you can check there.

Two things to try… clear app cache and if that does not resolve… uninstall/reinstall the app.

You can use the IDE or the API Browser+ from @TAustin.

1 Like

I found it. Thanks!

That happened to me like 3 days ago, it was odd because some other samsung apps were also failing. I removed and reinstalled the app and that fixed it. Hopefully that helps

1 Like

I tried that and it didn’t help. I knew something was weird when I go into this device and it has a white background, and my phone settings and all other devices are in dark mode. It used to be fine.

And the answer to that is…no.

1 Like

Ohh :frowning: I was expecting it since both the V3 and now the WiFi hubs are running on the same firmware version… lets keep on waiting

My Wi-Fi (Plume) hub and my fridge Family Hub were both on 45.11. Fridge has Matter…Wi-Fi hub didn’t (and still doesn’t). I’m not convinced we’re going to get Matter on the Wi-Fi hubs since no one with ST will say whether it’s on the road map or not.

In addition to your the fact that the Matter Logo is not yet there, Ive just tried to add a Matter device, but wasn’t successful. Before trying I confirmed that I’ve received the firmware update.

1 Like

As others have said, I’m glad to see continued support for these hubs and hoping that Matter is on the way.

I also hope that with firmware parity they’ll eventually release an easy transition mechanism to upgrade to a new hub. That is, I can accept it if they can’t / won’t bring Matter to these older hubs, but I can’t accept the time and inconvenience that would currently be involved with upgrading my hub in the event that I decide I do need Matter

The only issue I’ve been having recently is that if I try to “Repair Z-Wave network,” the process initiates, but then stops progressing, as indicated by the animated icon going static, and never reaches completion. Fortunately, I can stop the process, but I wonder if this indicates other issues with the firmware. I was hoping this latest update might fix it, but the problem persists.

1 Like

My ST Wifi Hub on f/w 46.10 completes the Zwave network repair. Loading “History” takes an excessively long time (like I can brew a coffee before it populates)

Both device and general history load extremely fast on my Galaxy Note 10+ running version 1.7.98.21 of the app. Might try a phone restart or clearing the app cache.

I did phone restart and even app remove/phone restart/reload app.

The history loads marginally faster

Did a hub hard reset and that did not make a difference.

same problem. Android app reinstalled several times but no improvement. Pixel 5 running Android 13.