Samsung Connect Home/SmartThings WiFi Hub Firmware Release Notes - 0.43.05

We will be rolling out Samsung SmartThings Hub firmware version 0.43.05 to Samsung Connect Home and SmartThings WiFi devices on Monday, July 11. This firmware update is for the SmartThings Hub portion of these devices and does not affect the router functionality. Once downloaded, the SmartThings portion of your hub will briefly go offline as the update is applied during this time the router portion of the device will continue to function. We will update the status page when the release is complete.

Hub Target:

• All Samsung Connect Home Models
  • Samsung SmartThings WiFi

Release Date: 11 July 2022 ~ 25 July 2022

This hub firmware update requires your SmartThings Wifi or Samsung Connect Home to be running the most current firmware version for the router portion. If a new router firmware version is available, you can download using the steps below.

1. Open the SmartThings app and select the SmartThings Wifi or Samsung Connect Home
  2. If an update is available, you will receive a pop-up asking you to update the firmware
  3. Select Update and wait for the device to finish applying the new firmware

Once the router firmware is updated, the device will automatically download the hub firmware update

Note that this release may be spread out over a few weeks, so you may not see your Hub update the first day of the release period.

Release Notes

Support for Edge Lua Drivers

This release contains support for Edge Lua drivers on the Samsung Connect Home and SmartThings WiFi hubs. For more information on developing Edge drivers, check out our Developer Documentation.

General Release

• Reduce CPU and Memory consumption in various components
  • Better support for multi-endpoint Zigbee devices (Discovery increased from 4 to 16)
  • Other minor bug fixes and improvements
5 Likes

@Guillaume_Belzile, @SableBlack, @mvevitsis, @h0ckeysk8er, @Rafael_Borja, @Mhatley, @Ficca, @Luis_mijares, @giorgio.castorina, @Wajo357, @Jonas_Tavares, @Bluesstatsman, @Informatique.nicolas, @Garin, @JFry, @Guxdude, @jawzz, @Robert_Singh, @Geoffs, @Vishnu_Lall, @RodrigoCoelho, @ecobiax, @Cesar_Lopez

11 Likes

Yeah! Finally! Thanks for the heads up @nayelyz !

2 Likes

Thanks for the news!

2 Likes

Yeah finally!! Thanks!! @nayelyz is this new version will support the EDGE drivers. ???

It’s great news we don’t get any updates since long time ago… Current as: 000.038.00011 since more then years…

Thanks you!

Yes, it will support them. :partying_face:

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

Where can I find firmware version to be sure that my routers are updated? Thanks!

1 Like

Please, follow these steps:

1. In the app, enter the Hub to see its details.
  2. Then, go to menu (three-dot symbol in the upper right corner)
  3. Select “information” and the firmware version is below the Hub’s name. For example:

1 Like

Has the new firmware been deployed yet?
There’s no change in our system so far. Should we manually restart the hubs?

No, this process is done automatically, the status page shows this is still in progress:

Is this specific to particular versions (app on iPhone, hub Samsung Connect Home WV520) as there is no firmware version reported on the indicated screen. It does report controller version 2.3.3-2 at the bottom of the screen but no firmware version.

1 Like

Oh, sorry, I just have a V2 Hub, I didn’t know the menu changed for Wi-Fi Hubs. Let me check with the team to see if there’s another menu or if this info isn’t exposed.

This is displayed via the old Web GUI so I can get the information easily but I suspect this is a defect in the iPhone app.

I have the v2 hub and the firmware version is displayed in the iOS app.

Ok, I checked with the team and they mentioned there are two parts and each one has its own FW version:

• Wi-Fi Router
  • ST Hub

In the case of the router, when you enter its details, it prompts you to update the firmware if it’s out of date.

Which version do you see in the router, someone on the engineering team has the 1.7.04.00027, we’ll confirm if this is the one expected.

In the case of the Hub, it doesn’t need you to update it manually, this is the one rolled out by ST (0.43.05).

Both versions can be verified in their corresponding “information” tab, they are independent. You can differentiate them with their device icon, for example, in the picture below, the one on the left is the router and the one on the right is the Hub.

hmmm… This is strange.
The version of my ST Wifi model ET-WV525 is 1.3.02.1011.
What are the steps to download the latest firmware for the router module?
Thanks.

Have you followed those steps?

I have followed those steps and do not receive a pop up asking to update.

I did check in the app, however there’s no pop-up for new firmware. So i assumed that our system runs the latest version. However, based on the data presented earlier, our version may not be the latest.

How can we find out which version is the latest for our specific ST Wifi - router module?