Samsung Connect Home/SmartThings WiFi Hub Firmware Release Notes - 0.45.11

We will be rolling out Samsung SmartThings Hub firmware version 0.45.11 to Samsung Connect Home and SmartThings WiFi devices on Friday, January 27. This firmware update is for the SmartThings Hub portion of these devices and does not affect the router functionality. Once downloaded, the SmartThings portion of your hub will briefly go offline as the update is applied during this time the router portion of the device will continue to function. We will update the status page when the release is complete.

Hub Target:

• All Samsung Connect Home Models
  • Samsung SmartThings WiFi

Release Date: 27 January 2023 ~ 03 February 2023

This hub firmware update requires your SmartThings Wifi or Samsung Connect Home to be running the most current firmware version for the router portion. If a new router firmware version is available, you can download using the steps below.

1. Open the SmartThings app and select the SmartThings Wifi or Samsung Connect Home
  2. If an update is available, you will receive a pop-up asking you to update the firmware
  3. Select Update and wait for the device to finish applying the new firmware

Once the router firmware is updated, the device will automatically download the hub firmware update

Note that this release may be spread out over a few weeks, so you may not see your Hub update the first day of the release period.

Release Notes

General

• Fixed an issue driving high system CPU when the Drivers were nearly the hard memory limit, resulting in frequent disconnects, high latency, and other issues.
  • Fixed a bug that was preventing Driver Live Logging from being viewed by the Location members.
  • Upgraded the Zigbee Stack. There is no new functionality added.
  • Fix for locks that use the LockCodes capability.
2 Likes

Yay! We get some love! Iā€™m doubtful that they fixed the issue with edge drivers for wifi devices.

Questions:

1. Should we assume we will be getting all fixes and enhancements as the V2 and V3 versions when they had the 45.11 firmware?
  2. Will we not be getting the updates for the V2 and V3 46.08 firmware? Aeotec Smart Home Hub/2018/2015 Model Hub Firmware Release Notes - 0.46.08

Thanks!

4 Likes

@SmartThings

Will users be able to use driver with CHILD_EDGE type device?

2 Likes

I checked the code. EDGE_CHILD is present since lua_libs-api_v2_45X.tar.gz :tada:

3 Likes

What is fixed here ?

2 Likes

It looks like 45.9 is the minimum for Matter, so will these now be Matter compliant? https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/11219700390804-SmartThings-x-Matter-Integration-#h_01GK302N3DW5SSG664956C1MNP

1 Like

My experience has been that the lockCodes data structure is never populated on this hub. Hoping that the new code will fix that.

Iā€™m curious about this, too. Iā€™ve tried reaching out to Support a couple of times, but although they respond to part of my message, they havenā€™t addressed whether or not Smartthings Wifi hubs will eventually support Matter.

My Smartthings Wifi hub is still on firmware 43.00005, I believe, so itā€™s not clear to me if Iā€™m behind by multiple updates. Iā€™m not sure it it matters (no pun intended), but I stopped using the Wifi portion of the hub a couple of years ago and now just use one of the original three as a Smartthings hub for Zigbee and Zwave devices.

Even more than Matter support, however, my biggest hope is that once the transition to Edge drivers is complete that theyā€™ll provide an upgrade path to make for an easy migration from an older hub, like mine, to something newer. (I wouldnā€™t mind the expense of a new hub, but I canā€™t stomach the thought of moving all of my devices individually and redoing all of my Automationsā€¦ currently, I feel kinda trapped on a hub model with erratic support and unclear future, often wondering for how long it will continue to operate.)

2 Likes

As near as I can tell, ā€œConnect Home and Smartthings WiFiā€ may be something different from the HUB.

1 Like

43.5 is the last release before this weekā€™s announcement of 45.11. IIRC, it was last June or July when it was released. There have been multiple releases for the V2/V3/Aeotec hubs in the same timeframe. 45.11 is only an update to the ST hub and not the Wi-Fi router code.

No, the Connect Home/Wi-Fi hub is a combo device encompassing the Plume Mesh Wi-Fi router and a ST Z-Wave/Zigbee hub. 45.11 is an update to the ST hub firmware only and not the Wi-Fi router.

My smarthings hub updated to 46.8 from 45.xx a couple of weeks ago. I remain a bit confused.

This firmware update is for different hubs. Not the V2 or V3. They were on older versions and are getting updated to ā€˜almostā€™ the latest.

1 Like

The Samsung Connect Home and its successor the SmartThings WiFi Hub are combined hubs and mesh routers. The hub firmware is on a different release cycle to the V2, V3 and Aeotec hubs.

3 Likes

My hub just updated. The wifi devices, still do not add with edge drivers.
In addition, some of my virtual devices got turned off. So now I have weird messaged throughout my house that I need to deal with. No, I do not need to switch the laundry! Lol

1 Like

Yeah, my house went into away mode because my virtual presence sensors turned off :slight_smile:

So, at least my Schlage BE469ZP is now communicating with the hub. Problem is that the lock codes arenā€™t displaying in SLGA and I get an error trying to create a code on the lock.

1 Like

Ok, deleting and then reinstalling SLGA fixed the issues.

1 Like

Nope. Just different models of Samsung hubs which included a Wi-Fi mesh router and because they are so different, they are not on the same update schedule and donā€™t have the same firmware as the V3 or Aeotec hubs. But they are still smartthings hubs.

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=Hubs

2 Likes

Which wifi devices?