[RELEASE] Official Monoprice 4 in 1 Motion Sensor with Temperature, Humidity, Light, Battery and Tamper Notifications Device Handler

See this post.

after adding the device updated the device from web ui and selected Zooz 4 in 1 device

I can get the hub to recognize the device during a general exclusion, but when I try to pair it, the hub never discovers it. The amber LED just flashes 5 times.

1 Like

Hi there. You can try to reset the sensor (see the first post for reset instructions), reboot the hub, bring the device within 5ft if the hub and then try to pair it.
Also check if you have any unused device handlers in your IDE that may need to be republished which may prevent the pairing from completing. Please see this topic for details: FAQ: My lock/device does not pair or appears to pair but it won't show up in the mobile app or IDE - stale DTH

@xraycat - :thinking: Did you get an answer to this question? I’m having the same problem. I would buy @RBoy device handler if I have confidence my v2 SmartTHings hub can even pair with it first. :v:t4:

I purchased several of these sensors. I installed @RBoy DTH before pairing any of them and they seemed to pair correctly. I set the parameters from the app and did a refresh and double clicked the button on the sensor. Looking at the IDE log, get a response back that shows everything except the PIR. In the app it is always reporting MOTION is active. Tried 2 different sensors with the exact same results.

That indicates a possible loss of packets in the mesh. Try to reset the device to factory defaults (see first post) and then add a buffering device (mains powered zwave device) between the sensor and the hub.

Thanks for the reply. I followed the exclusion, factory reset and inclusion with no luck. With regards to the packet losses, I read your linked post and had a couple questions. I am curios what a person should do if the footprint of the home doesn’t allow for more than 5 ft distance between hub and device? Put the hub outside in the yard? Maybe on the neighbors house? If I add a mains powered device it would be less than 3 ft from the hub. Is that the only way? Any other ideas?

these motion sensors are definitely not for the impatient and/or weak at heart. i just had to re-pair a couple and some took multiple resets and pairings to get them to work right. had the multiple yellow flashing light and then the purple flashing like before i finally got them to work.