Hey folks. Long time reader, first time poster. Before you think I’m beating a dead horse, yes I have searched far and wide about this thing. No one had my issue, so I figured I’d bounce it off you guys. My GD00Z-4 was working perfectly for about a year. It was set up to open when I got close to the house, close if I forgot and left it up when I left, and could generally control it from the iOS app. One day it didn’t open when I got home. I thought there was a power outage until I used the remote in my vehicle and it worked. Odd, but didn’t think much of it. Later tried to open it in the app, it said “opening”, but I didn’t hear it opening. Had to close the app as it was “stuck” on “opening”. Restarted the app and it came back normal, "closed"as it was. Tried to open again- it beeps, did NOT flash the LED, and did not open. Same issue for closing. It’s on a Chamberlain opener with a normal wall push-button (the one that looks like a doorbell), not the fancy one with motion detection and temp sensing nonsense that have been giving people trouble. I have reset the darn thing any way I could think of up to and including removing it from Smartthings and re-adding it. I’m at a loss. Is it toast? Do i need a new one?
IN SUMMARY IF YOU DON’T WANT TO READ THE ABOVE:
- used to work for about a year-now it doesn’t
- beeps but NO LED flash and no operation from iOS app (sticks as either “opening” or “closing” in app-have to close app to reset status
- visible in app as open/closed-so it is communicating
- tried all ways to reset including removing from Smartthings and re- adding it like it was a new device
- on a Chamberlain opener with basic hard-wired push-button wall switch
Is the controller itself toast?