Aeotec Smart Home Hub/2018/2015 Model Hub Firmware Hotfix Notes - 0.48.05

We will begin rolling out Samsung SmartThings Hub hotfix version 0.48.05 starting Monday, July 03. Once downloaded, your Hub will briefly go offline as it reboots and applies the update; most customers will experience less than one minute of downtime. We will update the status page when the release is complete.

Hub Target:

• Samsung SmartThings Hub 2015 (Hub v2)
  • Samsung SmartThings Hub 2018 (Hub v3)
  • Aeotec Smart Home Hub

Release Date: 03 July 2023 ~ 05 July 2023

Note that this release may be spread out over a week, so you may not see your Hub update the first day of the release period.

Release Notes

• Fixed a rare issue where LAN Drivers/Devices become unresponsive. If you had encountered this issue, you would have needed to reboot your Hub to fix the problem.
2 Likes

Hello,
What is the update on the Aeotec hub (and possibly others) Zigbee radio instability issues that came with the latest firmware update? Has root cause been identified and is there another hotifix coming there? The issues with the zigbee radio are so bad that they can’t be a “wait for the next update”.

We have switches rebooting in congested network traffic and radio issues, which causes the lights to come on at all hours of the night. -which is also due to Samsung’s driver creation & implimentation for the Juno Connect wafers…

We need this fixed ASAP!

Thank you,
Jonathan

4 Likes

I have smartthings wifi and all my sensors stopped work when the rollout started. Hubs also show hub requires firmware update on reboot, but never downloads

This firmware update was pushed to my job today and now literally nothing works. No virtual device is responding. Roll back this version!

1 Like

see this thread on virtual devices: https://community.smartthings.com/t/legacy-virtual-switches-stopped-working-july-2023/265871/4

My smartthings and Govee lighting have all been reporting as offline since 6/22, and this update is the only issue I can see causing it. As of today, my primary hub (connect home pro) will not update despite repeated soft and hard reboots.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Door Lock Guest Codes set and unset by some one/thing else (15 Feb 2023)

1 Like

All mine are offline done reboots nothing is working chatted in to Samsung waste of time.any ideas I don’t want to redo all my stuff

@nayelyz
Woke up at 1am (in Australia) and all Lounge lights were on and blind was open.
Now ALL smartthings zigbee devices and other devices are not working. All ST leak, sensors, Multipurpose sensors & motion sensors show ss Offline, while ST Buttons show as online but do not function at all.
Have rebooted the hub (Aust Wifi ST hub) to NO avail !!!

All devices connected SmartThings WiFi are now offline today.
SmartThings Hub upgraded to 48.5, SmartThings Wifi is still on 47.1
Only way to get devices back online is to reset each device and join SmartThings Hub

Sorry, I am in wrong topic!

Hi, everyone

Just for clarification, this announcement is only for V2 and V3 Hubs, not, Wi-Fi or Samsung Connect Hubs. That one is over here: Samsung Connect Home/SmartThings WiFi Hub Firmware Release Notes - 0.47.10

So, please, those having issues with devices going offline after the update, please provide access to your account as instructed below:

1. Confirm the email account registered in the forum is the same one you use for SmartThings. If not, please share it with me over DM
  2. Enable support access to your account:
  1. Go to the SmartThings Web (my.smartthings.com)
  2. Log in to your Samsung Account
  3. Select Menu (â‹®) and choose Settings
  4. Toggle on Account Data Access
  5. Select the time period and confirm - In this step, please select “Until turned off”, once the team finishes, we’ll let you know so you can disable it again

If you know you have a Wi-Fi Hub, send its logs as follows:

1. In the physical Hub, push the reset hole shortly (less than 1 second)
  2. This will upload the log to the server, so, we need the timestamp on when you did this process, for example, 18:00 CST

BTW, there’s an ongoing conversation about devices offline in Wi-Fi Hubs on this thread as well:

A post was split to a new topic: [Aeotec Hub] Z-Wave switch not working correctlys

My Sengled lights come on ever 6 minutes or so since firmware 48.0X released. Please fix!

Hi,
My Z-wave devices have been cycling on and offline for the past 3 days since the firmware update. Is Samsung working on pushing out a fix for the broken Z-wave drivers or do I need to give Samsung access per these instructions. I doubt doing fixes individually scales well for Samsung. Thus I ask.

I am in the same state. Zwave devices have been going online/offline for the past few days. I did a zwave repair and now even more are offline than before. V2 hub at 000.048.00005.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: [Wi-Fi Hub] Devices went offline and not responding

Agreed. I have never had this kind of issue in my years of using the SmartThings platform. I sincerely hope Samsung can learn from this mistake and rectify the situation soon.

1 Like

Mine was ok v2 hub …
But it happen to me one time like you . Very frustrating

1 Like