Aeotec Smart Home Hub/2018/2015 Model Hub Firmware Hotfix Notes - 0.48.05

Through @nayelyz and per the instructions provided earlier in this thread, I have given Samsung access to my Hub for troubleshooting purposes. It’s been a day or so and I will be patient for 2-3 more days. This lack of QA before release of a firmware update is just not right and not something I expect from Samsung, who have an otherwise decent reputation.

2 Likes

@nayelyz , Hopefully you can advocate for us suffering here. Is there an escalation path you can use to expedite resolution?

Z-wave is broken not just for 4 or 5 people. If 4 or 5 are chosing to report the issue, you can bet there are potentially hundreds more who are not and are simply giving up on the platform.

1 Like

Hi, @John_Goering
Per your description, I think you have a Wi-Fi Hub which is not related to this thread, is it correct? In those hubs Zigbee devices went offline and are not recovering but, in the case of @kingsfan, who was a V3 Hub, they are Z-Wave (or Zigbee) devices that go offline but come back at some point.
If that’s the case, @John_Goering, I’ll move you to the correct thread.

@kingsfan, the update about this is that this has been escalated for the team’s investigation, I don’t have further info, sorry.

It all happened from the same update.
Yes we have different hardware but you did one update that affected a HUGE amount of users of all sorts of things.

1 Like

@nayelyz , thanks for the response and the escalation. I am uncomfortable giving access to my Hub “Until turned off”. If you can get any estimate of an ETA for resolution, it’ll be great and I can then close access. I’m sure Samsung is as concerned about Privacy and Data Access as I am, if not more!

There is one firmware update that came out but there are other changes happening independently relating to the Edge migration. So the timing of the issues may be similar / the same but that doesn’t mean they’re all connected to the same change, as JR explained in another thread.

Controlling too many changes is always a problem - thus the concept of “Change Control” - engineering 101 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Actually, they have different versions, Wi-Fi Hubs are in 47 and, V2 and V3 are in 48. Also, Wi-Fi Hubs work significantly differently from the V2 and V3 Hubs (they aren’t updated at the same time or from the same source either). That’s why we treat each issue separately. Sorry for the confusion.
So, I’ll move your posts to the other thread.

You can close the support access, if the team wants to check something else directly in your account, we’ll ask you to enable it again, we mostly require it to get device IDs, generate Hub logs, or see any other property (capabilities, driver in use, etc.) depending on the issue being investigated.
Just as a clarification, the access is mostly read-only, we can’t do any changes to your setup without your written approval and we cannot access any camera/video devices, they are blocked for privacy purposes.

@nayelyz , Thanks for the clarification. I will close the access. Do you know when any updates on resolution will be available? I’d rather not keep this open-ended. Any way to get updates on what the Support team is looking at/into with the data alrerady in their hands?

Okay so the most basic development principles aren’t happening. Make a single change after good testing then back out if bad things happen. Instead we just throw changes at users and ignore the fact we cant tell what happened.

2 Likes

@nayelyz , I have been rather patient with this saga and now my patience is understandly running out. Z-Wave devices continue to cycle on and offline to the extent that I have had to turn off automations that are wrecking havoc with lights turning on and off in the middle of the night!

This platform is becoming unusable for me now. Is there any other escalation path to expedite resolution? I would rather see positive closure of this issue rather than letting it slowly sink into a black hole.

Thanks for your assisatnce.

2 Likes

I pinged the team again and they are taking a look at it. They asked me to separate random offline issues based on the protocol affected (Zigbee or Z-Wave).

Is there any other user here that has this issue only with Z-Wave devices? Most users have issues with Zigbee and the discussion about that is in this thread: Aeotec Hub will not stay connected to zigbee devices - #47 by nayelyz

@nayelyz , I do not have any Zigbee devices. Most of what seems to be impacting me are Dome Z-Wave sensors. I have occasional issues with Be-Sense and Zooz Z-Wave sensors as well since that latest firmware update, but nothing to the level of the Dome sensors cycling on and off line every few hours.

KingsFan,
Strangely zigbee devices old and new seem to be the most affected.
I have a 7 or so zwave and none had an issue.
Still the overall response to the single wost update of SmartThings history has been like watching the hindenburg explosion in slow motion.

Apologize from VP of development please?

1 Like

@nayelyz ,
I had to shut off more automation routines as other Z-wave sensors - Zooz and BeSense started cycling connectivity.
As a last resort, I power cycled the Hub this morning. When may I expect updates from Samsung? This is not a good look for Samsung - please let any folks who still care about Customer Support and perception of Samsung know this.
I am formally requesting Samsung to fix this issue and issue an apology.

1 Like

Well, thanks Smartthings. Every one of my Aeotec RGBW bulbs now has a SWITCH device driver, and all of my Aeotec Smart Switches now have ENERGY MONITOR drivers. Literally everything has failed and no longer works. The old drivers cannot be re applied and none of the devices if removed and re-added are detected as the device type they should be.

Well done Not So Smartthings!! Not impressed.

Goodbye Smartthings, Hello Home Assistant.

Hi, @Dean_Crowe
I think I heard about this issue, if you are willing, I can mention you’re also involved. But, if you’ll move to another platform I don’t think we will be able to gather the corresponding data.
Sorry you’ve experienced this issue.

I have been sharing all your comments with the team and they mentioned this is under investigation. I don’t have information about when they’ll have a final answer about this.
I understand your frustration, that’s why I’m pending on everyone that can also provide their information to help with the investigation.

@kingsfan, can you enable access to your account again, please? The team needs to gather more information about the behavior of your devices.