Aeotec Siren 6 - Unable to set sounds with edge driver?

So in the new edge-driver beta i found out the Aeotec Siren 6 is also supported.
Got it working and it now runs locally (great!)

Although; now i cant get the sounds to change…

I can use the preset sounds in routines… but it will always play the doorbell tune at home alert/fire detection/leak detection…

What is the corect way to do this? I tried pretty much every button/combination… but the sound stays on the standard doorbell Chime.

1 Like

I don’t have the device but it looks like:

• Set Send sound and volume configuration to false/off.
  • Select the Component name you want to change.
  • Select the Volume.
  • Select the Tone.
  • Set Send sound and volume configuration to true/on.

I don’t think it matters when you set the ‘send’ preference to false, as long as you end up toggling from false to true.

1 Like

Yep; got it to work… The trick was in following your steps in “Setting sound and volume off/false” … then changing settings… Then set send sound/volume true/on again…

Edit: It’s not very intuitive… because the logical thing seems to “Just set and forget”…

Thanks!

1 Like

Edit:

The following list still applies, but use the steps discribed above by @orangebucket to set the sounds if using the Edge driver.

1. Browse - also the main/parent sound control of Siren 6
  2. Tamper - known as sound 2 in the list of controllable devices, this controls the sound/volume played when the vibration sensor or tamper sensor is triggered (when you move the Siren 6 too often).
  3. Button one - determines the sound/volume of button one when pressed, or when Sound 3 is controlled from SmartThings.
  4. Button two - determines the sound/volume of button two when pressed, or when Sound 4 is controlled from SmartThings.
  5. Button three - determines the sound/volume of button three when pressed, or when Sound 5 is controlled from SmartThings.
  6. Environment - determines the sound/volume when Siren 6 receives a environment type z-wave alarm command. (ie. smoke sensors, CO2 sensors, etc)
  7. Security - determines the sound/volume when Siren 6 receives a security type z-wave alarm (ie. motion sensors, door sensors, etc)
  8. Emergency - determines the sound/volume when Siren 6 receives a emergency type z-wave alarm.

Hi Chris. I would like to give a try for my Aeotec Siren 6 with its Edge Driver … , I had no found any in Aeotec Edge drivers official list, where did you find it ?..and how its still working for you ?

Thanks in advance my friend…!

I believe it’s supported as a Z-Wave Siren in the Beta Edge Driver Channel here;

1 Like

Thanks my friend !!