Aeotec Siren 6 Not Updating Status: Work Around

Posting this in hopes that it helps someone else when they’re having problems getting an Aeotec 6 Siren installed and fully functional.

I installed an Aeotec Siren 6, but had to remove/uninstall it for testing. I removed it properly from the Z-Wave Network, then installed it again.

However, upon reinstallation, Sound/End Points 2-8 were disabled and I would receive the pop-up message every time I opened the Device Card: “This device hasn’t updated all of its status information yet. Check again later.

As well, in the API Browser+, all of the Sounds had a value of “null”:

No matter how many times I refreshed the card, it would not update its status. I tried resetting the Siren to Factory defaults, a Z-Wave Repair, Removing/Reinstalling it multiple times, different drivers. Nothing worked!

I noticed upon testing an Alarm Routine (which activated Sound/End Point 3), that Sound/End Point 3 was now enabled.

So here’s the Work-Around to enable all of the Sound/End Points and get rid of the “device hasn’t updated” message: I ran a routine to activate all of the Sounds/Chimes 1-8 (one at a time).

Note: I am using the SmartThings Managed Edge Drivers, Z-Wave Siren

The API Browser+ Now Indicates “off”, instead of “null”: